PDA

View Full Version : california race/club events

Richyrich2489
04-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Im very interested in getting into some kind of track racing. Ive been following 318Ti.org for a long time now and has inspired me into buliding my MTi in california of all places.lol. im really looking for a place to test my configurations and see what it can really do. Also Maybe an E36 club in area have tried to start one where i live (Napa Ca) but all e36 owners are never too serious, cant see why but w/e. Also id like to give my respect to all Ti owners many people may think there the baby of bimmers but when you blow the doors off em' they got nothing to say :biggrin:

wolferj-RIP
04-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Hey... We have 3 other swapped ti's here in the area (Vallejo, Fairfield, Martinez)... would really like to do some organized gathering/club.

There is plenty of AutoX happening in the area and Drag nights at Infinion raceway, too.

We have a small group of bimmer folk who meet in Benicia every other week, come on down!

Richyrich2489
04-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Yeah that's awesome I think I may have seen you around... Nice car but I would love to come down... Where do u guys meet? When arethe drag nights?entry price... I'm new to any type of organized racing... Any of you guys going to bimmerfest?

yoda
04-11-2010, 05:31 PM
James!.....
I have yet to witness the awesomeness of your ride after the swap!:cool:
Hit me up for a good Ti gathering (I installed Projector French Fogs and getting 3000k HID on them as soon as DDM ships them...) I had a pair of 35W ballast laying around from my girls car:biggrin:

pdxmotorhead
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM
if you want to do some real road racing,,,
Buy a car don't try and build it.... Its NEVER cheaper to build a car than buy it...

NASA is the best org if you live in CA....

Dave

Richyrich2489
04-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Too late... : ) already built my car and I love it that much more because I did lol and yeah I've looked into nasa a customer of mine is a organizer of sone sort and races e30 m3... Well anyways I would love to see some more ti's and maybe organize some meetings/ track days..?

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Yeah that's awesome I think I may have seen you around... Nice car but I would love to come down... Where do u guys meet? When arethe drag nights?entry price... I'm new to any type of organized racing... Any of you guys going to bimmerfest?

We are having our local bimmer meet in Benicia this Thursday... Here's a link to the thread with times and location...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419075

Do try and come down, it would be great to meet and chat over swapped ti's!

James!.....
I have yet to witness the awesomeness of your ride after the swap!:cool:
Hit me up for a good Ti gathering (I installed Projector French Fogs and getting 3000k HID on them as soon as DDM ships them...) I had a pair of 35W ballast laying around from my girls car:biggrin:

This Thursday? Hmmm... Weather should be nicer and we can go take pics and hang out afterwards?

pdxmotorhead
04-13-2010, 03:07 AM
:) Well its fun, if not economical... Did you use the SCCA GCR to build it?

Best advice I ever got around a race track....

"If you can't just set it on fire and walk away its too valuable to race."

Extreme,,, but true...

Dave

Richyrich2489
04-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Hah very true (pdx motörhead) but my car is a 80% m3 swap and it's all scavenged parts I'm into my car a little over 6000 so if it did set a flame I would run away lol and build it again... It's a labor of love..! (wolferj) I should be there more than likely... Is there many people that go..?

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2010, 03:38 AM
It's not a huge gathering, we are just starting up after a winter break, so it's usually just a handful... I'll drop a note to Kilijan (another swap guy) who is in Fairfield to see if he can come, and hound Yoda to see if he'll cruise up... Never got more than 3 of us together at one time so far, it might cause a rift in the space-time continuum if we got more than that!

roadrash
04-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Shouldn't this thread be in one of the regional forums rather than in engine swaps?

Richyrich2489
04-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Well imma be there it'd be good just to see some more bimmers... I'll try to maybe bring some other e36 with us... Anyone going to bimmerfest next month?