PDA

View Full Version : Different M Side skirts for the TI???

C4-C
04-20-2004, 04:02 AM
I just recently brought my '98 TI Sport (with all the M trim) to my local private BMW mechanic. They have alot of BMW's on their lot, mostly older ones... and they have 3 ti's on the premises... one is basically totalled. The mechanic that was working on my car (fixing a leak in an A/C line) told me that the totalled one was his, and he bought it to rebuild it... but now is thinking about selling it to a guy who wrecked an M-roadster but still has the motor and trans... etc... anyways to make a long story short (I'm writing this late at night, so sorry about the babble...) this totalled red TI had the M trim (frong was basically gone): rear bumper trim and side skirts.... but the side skirts were slightly different. Instead of two "humps" extending from one wheel well to the other like on my sport... it does a hump then a long carved line almost to the rear wheel well. The mechanic said it was a 95, and I tried to inform him that it could be a club sport. The only thing that made me doubt that is that it didn't have M mirrors. So what the heck was this TI? The rear spoiler definitely seemed OEM... I just want to know why those side skirts were different.

ClubSport
04-20-2004, 05:36 AM
The club sports have the usual skirts like your sport. Someone probably put the M3 skirts on that car and forgot about the mirrors.