PDA

View Full Version : 318ti Meet? Somewhere near SE Michigan / Northern Ohio?

Hwy1Strat
05-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Hey,

Any fellow Ti owners living in Southeast Michigan or Northern Ohio interested in some type of meet up? I know there are a bunch of guys in Toledo with 318ti's and I am willing to bet there are others in Michigan. I live in the Western Detroit subs. I am willing to drive down to Ohio. Would be kinda of cool to meet up.

Any ideas?

Mike R

Hwy1Strat
05-05-2010, 01:08 AM
I can show off the only custom part of my car (other than the Type 44 Wheels). I re-did my headliner (photos coming this weekend, weather premitting) in steel grey tweed.
:wink:

Bluebimma
05-10-2010, 01:24 AM
No one lives in ohio nor michigan. ;)

small_m
05-12-2010, 02:09 PM
I do! I live in royal oak/ Ferndale area! Let me know if you want to get together.

Hwy1Strat
05-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Cool, that's at least 2 people. I think Bluebimma lives near Toledo (maybe I'm wrong on that) so that would make 3. I know there are more ti owners in the area. I can see it on the map! ;-)

Ohio has a ton of nice country roads with covered bridges. We could do a covered bridge drive tour. Who knows. Just trying to get something going.

~Mike R~

small_m
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
yeah it would be fun, or even just get together to work on them, swap spare parts and what not.

Hwy1Strat
05-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, if you need help with some mechanical stuff let me know. I am pretty good at workin on BMWs and I have a Bav-Auto BMW code scanner tool. I can get the trouble codes and reset the lights (except the AirBag system).

Also, I can help out with a saggy headliner. You buy the beer and I will help you re-do your headliner. ;-)

Check out the Interrior thread or my Gallery for pictures of my recent headliner repair. I recovered it, the moon roof, and the A, B, C pillars in tweed. Nice.

Tonight I am putting in (weather permitting) my FK / DEPO head lights with Angel Eyes.

~Mike R~

small_m
05-12-2010, 03:53 PM
i am pulling my headliner soon, i recovered it last year but didnt spend enough time cleaning all the old crap off. So its sagging again. I am also pretty good with mechanical stuff, i build race/ track engines on the side so i have all the tool and know how for engine work. I am currently installing a euro 6sp gearbox into my car. Check out in the engine swap threads. I am curious of how to pull the sunroof interior panel out to i can recover that. When you get the lights in i am going to have to chek them out as i have had them on my buying list for a while.
(beer is always good)

Hwy1Strat
05-12-2010, 04:12 PM
The moon roof fabric shuttle comes out so easy it's not funny! Look at the Interrior Thread on this site. Somewhere near the last page I did a write up on how to do it. Takes like 15min or less. ;-)

Hey, do you know where I can score a set of 328i caliper carriers / brackets? I want to upgrade to vented rotors from my solid fronts. I know I can reuse the caliper and pads. All I need is the brackets. then I will score a new set of front rotors.

~Mike R~

small_m
05-12-2010, 04:25 PM
there is a bmw part place in detroit around 96 and southfield. Its called BodyWorkz a guy called chris owns the place and will have anything you need. He is a bit of a pain to work with but he has what you want. He is the number 313 493 8877
Let me know how that works out.

bmorekirby
05-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Also, I can help out with a saggy headliner. You buy the beer and I will help you re-do your headliner. ;-)

ha ha ha. you remind me of a friend of mine. all he charged my a 6 pack to help me replace my transmission on my old car.