PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Manifold Damage after accident

minimatt19
06-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi all looking for some help and advice.
I had another driver go into the rear of my UK 1995 318Ti compact whilst stationary at a set of traffic lights which caused light impact damage to the rear bumper and pushed the exhaust forward.
After leaving the scene of the accident I noticed that my exhaust was blowing but the sound was coming from the front. Upon investigation by the garage they found the exhaust manifold had a crack causing the blow.
Now when my assessor came out to asses the damage he felt the manifold was not accident related as the damage was so minimal and had been blowing for sometime.
What i want to know is if anyone has experienced the same problem with the manifold after a light rear impact accident?

PrimeTimeSlime
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Happens all the time! right guys?

familytruckster
06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
How much did you drive it after the accident? Might be why it looks like it was "bl;owing for some time" The manifolds are pretty darn sturdy, I don't see how one would break without some serious force applied- like a rear impact.

chudzikb
06-03-2010, 11:54 PM
If you were in the U.S. I could give you some nice legaleze to throw at him, but, I have no clue how your system works compared to ours? Seems like the SOB is trying to get out of paying to me?

gordonjj
07-14-2010, 02:39 PM
exhaust (http://www.allexhaust.com) manifold

Should have definitely taken some action.

xxxJohnBoyxxx
07-15-2010, 06:43 AM
That can happen very easy during an accident and just driving it home will leave big carbon marks making it look like has been broken for a while.

My advise is fight this like a "pitbull". You need to tell them you are seeking a doctor and lawyer since your neck hurts and they are not being fair with your damaged car.

From the adjusters side he will think crap...Neck injury...a "soft tissue injury" which can't be proved and your will need medical care plus $10,000 for lost mobility in your neck if this little exhaust issue is not taken care of and they can get a waiver on all medical issues.

That's how I work it to keep them honest. I don't sue for fake injuries but will "scare" them to make them fix what was broken during the accident if they try to screw me.

Good luck, John Smith