PDA

View Full Version : Stop light doesn't work!

Buttercup
05-27-2004, 03:08 PM
The right stop light doesn't light up with the brake is pressed. I've tried changing the bulb and checked the fuse, but nothing... The left side works, I was thinking it was an electrical problem? Has anyone had this happen or know what could be the problem? I wanted to ask before I took it to the shop. Thanks.

Travis
05-30-2004, 05:18 PM
The brake light uses a dual-filament bulb that has a separate contact for each filament. Make sure that your new bulb works like it should on the side that works right now.

This should rule out bad bulb selection and bad bulb installation technique.

I don't know of any common failures in the brake lighting circuit other than corroded/dirty contacts.

liquidgraphix
08-04-2004, 03:22 PM
I had a similar problem with the brakes in the back. The bulbs were fine, I figured the fuse was touching something, so I wiggled it a bit and tried the brake and it worked. I guess I pushed the fuse in too much.

Jeff Spooner
08-05-2004, 04:22 PM
the sockets are real bad about melting the tabs on the sockets, they may be burned of or have a hole in them. 75% of the time we replace both socket and bulb. they can sometimes melt the contacts on the taillight also,

motorsport
08-24-2004, 03:50 AM
Yep the socket was the problem on mine, they are like 10 bux.