PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows Dont work

E30325guy
06-07-2004, 11:23 PM
I am looking at becoming a 318ti owner. So I am a newbie to the E36 chassis.

The 95ti I am looking to purchase had the power windows fail on it. The owner brought it to the stealer. The Stealer has told him that there is eletrical (or electronics) module that is going bad and needs to be replaced or more electrical problems will occur. (currently the overhead lights and revearse lights dont work as well) I always though there was just a fuse and relay involved in most of the electricals. Is the stealer right? Has anyone ever run into this problem?

Thanks

ElementalFiend
06-11-2004, 01:41 AM
I haven't run into that specific problem, but I have had some pretty weird things happen. For instance, back before my windows became unseated and they worked, once out of every 4-5 times I put the car in reverse.. the passenger window would roll down. Then when I'd press the button to roll it back up it would only stop for a bit, then continue rolling down. I'd have to wait a second before it started working correctly again. Took it to a dealer and they said "We couldn't duplicate the problem." So I figure its just a ghost..