PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket parts

nflo2603
06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
what's up everyone,
I am a first time owner of a ti and was looking to see if there is a general rule of thumb for buying after market stuff. I bought a pair of JDM coner lights that were two door but do fit. I was going to buy headlights, tailights, M3 mirrors and a few other things but do not know if I should order 2 door or 4 door items? For those of you who have already installed these items can you provide help. I have a 96 ti. Thanx

ClubSport
06-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Headlights are the same for TI, 2, and 4 door cars. Taillights are TI specific and ones from other cars won't fit. M3 mirrors from the 4 door will fit.

clex2
06-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I find it kinda funny that the letters JDM are tossed around so blatantly. We are here cuz we have an interest in a German novelty known as the ti. JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market. I don't think there are JDM parts made for the ti. It was originally coined for cars like the integra, 240sx, and the like. It's not to say that parts labeled JDM won't look good, but I think it's a misnomer.

ElementalFiend
06-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Yes I too think it is funny that JDM has become a moniker for imported vehicle goods, but we have Super Street to blame for that. I suppose the term he was really looking for was GDM? lol