PDA

View Full Version : Question: Brake Light

ElementalFiend
06-14-2004, 12:05 PM
My left brake light isn't working. I've changed the bulb, checked the fuse (its fine), but it still doesn't work when the peddle is pressed. When I turn on my driving lights both sides are lit up, but only the right side gets brighter when the brake is pressed. This is a probably that likely occured within the last few weeks, I just happen to notice it was out when backing up in front of a building with mirrored windows. Thanks for any help.

1996 328ti
06-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Hate to ask, but are you sure you have the correct bulb?

ElementalFiend
06-15-2004, 09:24 AM
lol yeah I'm sure. I went ahead and replaced all the bulbs in there, and all the lights are still working. Except of course the left light when the brake is pressed.

Turbo-ti
06-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Remove the bulb and look at the little metal tab that sticks up and makes contact with the bottom of the bulb..Look and see if its kinda burnt and if it is clean it with something sharp and recheck if the bulb works, that should fix it right up...

ElementalFiend
06-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the idea.. i don't remember it looking burnt but i'll check that again right now!

motorsport
08-24-2004, 03:30 AM
same thing happened in my 95 318i, i changed the housing (the black thing you plug it into) and it works fine and it cost like 10 bux. If you dont feel like doing that, a quick fix was to sodder the housing till it makes a contact with the bulb.