PDA

View Full Version : Idle Problem

BlkBMWLvr
06-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey, I am not sure if I am posting in the correct area of the forum, but I have a DA Supercharged 1998ti. I am having some issues with the RPMs dropping very low and rough idling. Anyone have any idea as to why I may be experiencing this?

Thanks.

Stomp
08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey, if you hear any possible resolutions, please let me know! I have a 95 with the same problem. It started for me right after I took my throttle body off, and reinstalle dit. I double checked all vac hoses, and all looked good. I don't know what I am missing. Good luck finding an answer.

ddiorio1313
08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Check this link there is a thread someone else started that is having serious idle problems. This link should get you into the thread....

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2377&goto=newpost

Jeff Spooner
08-18-2004, 02:04 PM
check your vent valve and the hose from it to the valve cover, they are bad about going bad. Most of the time they make a high pitch whistle sound when they go out, but not always.

Stomp
08-20-2004, 11:10 AM
I found my problem! There was a vacuum leak under my intake manifold. I'm not sure what the hose goes to, but it's a larger diameter hose that is bent in an "s" shape that was falling off the intake port. I put it back on, and secured the hose in place, and the idle problem was corrected immeadiatly! Thanks for all the help!
Stomp~

rob
08-28-2004, 04:07 PM
i would look at the throtle postioning switch on the side of the throtle body for your hard starting and idle problems. also check your plugs. downing atlanta likes the standard plugs instead of bosch 2 or 4's.