PDA

View Full Version : M50 swap confusion

saxman0321
06-25-2004, 01:28 PM
I have just dropped in a M50 into my 95 ti. Right after I got it in I noticed the clearance of the power steering pump resivior bracket coming off the fender. The bracket is about 3/8 inch from a belt. Does that bracket need to be cut off and the resivior relocated up the fender? Also I am confused on the an issue. I bought a new radiator to go with the motor. I noticed the other thread talking about this. I saw on understeer.com a fan elimination kit that does away with the engine driven fan, only to use an electrical aux fan. Which one is which here? Also I goofed upon dropping the motor, and broke what looks like a blue fuel line going into a large canister kind of below the fuses. I broke it at the connector. What is this, I can't seem to figure that out. Are there any other surprises awaiting me? Thanks

Turbo-ti
06-26-2004, 04:31 PM
You can mount the power steering resivoir on the right side engine mount thats where it is supposed to go there are 2 holes that line up for it..Just look at the right motor mount if you are standing in front of the car..I used the electric fan from the Ti and mounted it in front of the radiator leaving the clutch fan off for good..If you do this just make sure you mount it with the motor facing towards the radiator because it is designed to pull the air not push it..That little blue line is for the tank vent system, just remove the whole little canister there and throw it away, well thats what i did anyway you may need it for inspection purposes but the line just leave it alone it will hurt nothing...Need anything else just ask ive done several of these swaps and know all the little tricks and does and donts!!!

J!m
06-26-2004, 06:18 PM
You guys are really scaring me. :rolleyes:

Turbo-ti
06-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Y are we scaring you???