PDA

View Full Version : WTB: A-Pillar cover, drivers side

ElementalFiend
06-26-2004, 12:12 AM
I need the cover for the drivers side A-Pillar, the carpeted piece that is to the left of the windshield (looking out). I bumped my head and broke mine off a while back and now the helrot red is clashing with the exterior orange color. BMW wants to charge 112!!! for the stupid little piece. So if anyone has this for a reasonable price I'd be happy to hear from you.

Phil Marx
06-29-2004, 02:50 AM
I priced them recently since the fabric on one side is coming loose on my ti. My dealer wanted about $50 apiece for them in either gray or black. I thought that was too expensive. I think your dealer is either ripping you off or they priced you two of them!

BTW, anyone successfully repaird a sagging headliner material problem? The years spent in the airport parking lot in Houston for my ti has taken its toll. Fix or replace? Any tips?

-Phil Marx

hotdog19d
06-29-2004, 03:37 AM
This might solve both of your problems

http://www.318ti.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1101&highlight=headliner

ElementalFiend
06-30-2004, 08:13 AM
I am going to get my car reupholstered, but Its not just the fabric I need replaced. I need the entire piece, fabric, and the plastic piece underneath, along with the metal clips that help hold it into place.

My dealer probably is ripping me off, but thats what happens at BMW dealerships. The price was given to me as $112 for the one drivers side pillar cover.

I don't care what color the fabric is if someone has one to sell for a realistic price, as I said I have plans for custom upholstery.