PDA

View Full Version : Finally did the fogged Mod

hotdog19d
06-29-2004, 02:29 AM
Well I finally did it! I used part of the baffle and glued it on the outside of the box to connect the hose. I didn't want to cut anything in case I decided to go back to stock. Then I used an 3" aluminum flexible hose for the breather. I ran it right behind the left fog light. I am a little disapointed in the results that I was expecting after reading other posts of it. I am also disapointed asthetically. I like clean istalls, maybe I'm just to anal. On the flip side for the price of the mod I'm not really disapointed, at least I didn't drop $150 on a CAI to get the same results.

RAiMA
06-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Got pics?

hotdog19d
06-29-2004, 04:12 AM
Raima- I will put some pics in my photo album tommorow. I thought about taking some today, but I didn't think anyone would want to see it?

I noticed you just joined here, have you had a little extra time to browse other forums because of DTM being down to? :D

RAiMA
06-29-2004, 04:38 AM
lol, just been busy lately. Just recently read bimmerforums about this forum, so I'd thought I'd check it out :)

hotdog19d
06-29-2004, 04:44 AM
It's all good, I just checked out BOOSTJUNKY.com for the first time. ;}

Storminmike
06-29-2004, 09:56 PM
You know I just haven't got the bottle to do this mod, especially when it's a one way street conversion.

Please be aware that I write this from a RHD perspective so some things might seem odd

I seem to recall that modding the M44 engine in the Ti need not involve ditching the existing intake setup. I think I read somewhere that you can insert an additional intake into the front of the box. Would this upset the flow balance being able to draw (or expell) air through a second aperture?

Once a 2nd hole is made then one can run a duct down to the ground, here's the first issue.

On my car the horn is in the way, it also looks cramped due to the presence of the bumper struts too. I also noticed the duct from my Mtec bumper through to the wheel arch were a possible obstruction too. Any comments?

On the subject of materials used for ducting, could one use plastic plumbing materials such as drainage pipes? 90 degree bends ( and other sizes too) are available' there are even different diameter choices to be had.

JedzE36/5
07-21-2004, 08:07 AM
http://members.cox.net/weibcompact/Picture118.jpg

hey all. i fogged my box a long time ago but was never satisfied with just letting a tube hang down from the air box. so i went to Autozone and found a MAF connector and some plastic air intake hose. so anyways most people put the tubing below near the foglight. instead of just dropping it there, i took the driver's side brake air duct and cut a hole in it the same diameter as the MAF connector. then i screwed the connector on and attached the hose. now i am getting direct air from the front of the bumper as opposed to perpendicular to the ground. sorry for the pic, it was taken by my phone.