PDA

View Full Version : NYS DMV

1996 318ti NY
10-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Does anyone happen to know someone that works in one? i have a huge problem with the title of the car i bought for my swap because my mom wanted her name on it, now need a duplicate and the guy i bought the car from is no longer active on the fourm or his email, and the address i got from him is a P.O. box and is now useless ive searched high and low on the internet for his name even on face book i cant find him. could really use a hand here.

J!m
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey Paul.

If you have a copy of registration in your Mom's name you should be able to do what is called a "title search" (for a fee of course) and determine the title is clear. A bill of sale from the PO to your Mom would be a good thing too.

Probably won't be easy, but that's how we roll in CT...

1996 318ti NY
10-12-2010, 04:19 PM
well luckily i washed the whiteout off and the hauppaugue dmv got the investigator (at this point i was in uniform as well) and he actually argued with the DMV supervisor like yellling at the woman like are you serious?! look at this kid with his dad + there was no other ink present of the title which he pointed out so it couldnt have had another name on it so they checked the title to make sure it wasnt stolen ETC came back fine i had the bill of sale so they let it go through keep in mind after about 6 hours and 4 different DMV's. god i hate new york.

J!m
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Glad you got it through!

318b
10-14-2010, 01:28 AM
hey whats up guys . i know u guy are near nj im asking if u guys have parts or rims for sell

1996 318ti NY
10-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Im actually out on the island what parts are you looking for?