1996 328ti
07-03-2004, 12:54 AM
You might want to swap switches first.

Turbo-ti
07-03-2004, 03:52 AM
Its the switch like Steve said!!!

Stomp
08-18-2004, 12:19 PM
I have a 95 TI. If I disconnect my battery, and reconnect it.....The UP function seems to stop working with the one touch operation.
It always seems to come back after a day or so. Either way, it always comes back for me, so I don't plan on replacing the switches until it fails.
Have you ever had that happen to yours?

Jeff Spooner
08-18-2004, 02:07 PM
If you loose power to the system the window module must have its limits reset. it takes a couple cycles to reset it.

1996 328ti
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
You need raise the window and keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.

robcarync
08-19-2004, 01:56 AM
ive never had one touch work for my windows going up? is it suposed to do that going up? because its never worked on mine...down works fine though?

tastade
08-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Yes, one touch works for up too, make sure you push it right, it is slightly different then for press and hold to raise it. You have to push it down slightly further and hold it for the correct length of time.

There is also a force sensor in the automatic up. If you stick something (like a piece of wood) in the window and raise it, when it squeezes the board it will automatically retract a few inches. Good if you accidentally get your fingers, arm, head, leg, any other body parts in the window. The sunroof is the only window without a one touch shut (it will do one touch open). This is because it doesn't have a force sensor and could crush a body part if you had it in there when it was closing.

ddiorio1313
08-19-2004, 05:04 PM
There is a part that adds the one touch close for your moonroof it is on, I think, BavAuto. It is around 30 dollars I think could be more though....

robcarync
08-19-2004, 09:39 PM
ahh yeah i got it...no one touch sunroof though....i had a mental lapse....i knew i had one tocuh windows....but for some reason i got the one touch closing thing mixed up with my sunroof...im a dummy :(

L84THSKY
10-04-2004, 04:52 PM
I thought I read somewhere in the car alarm system that you could set the locking function to automatically close the windows and sunroof. Let's say I shut the door and left the sunroof and or windows open. I could hit the lock function on my keychain, and everything open would be shut and then all locks locked.

Thanks
Eric

You need raise the window and keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.

ddiorio1313
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I don't have remote entry, but I know if you just hold your key in the lock position that it will shut everything. Just turn your key for about 5 seconds and stuff will start closing...If you let off the key the windows and moonroof stop...good for leaving a crack in the summer time...

L84THSKY
10-05-2004, 12:10 AM
I checked out what you said, you are correct. I probably remembered it wrong when I read the manual.

Thanks
Eric

I don't have remote entry, but I know if you just hold your key in the lock position that it will shut everything. Just turn your key for about 5 seconds and stuff will start closing...If you let off the key the windows and moonroof stop...good for leaving a crack in the summer time...

eddiesoh
10-20-2004, 04:38 AM
i had that happen to me, what i did was i got mad so i took apart the switch and i found out that when you push all the way down, what you push has an extender type thing on it, its kinda hard to explain, but when you push lightly it just goes down when you let go, not auto, when you push all the way down past the click, the auto goes up and down. but the extender that reaches the actual internal button for the auto function broke, so thats why it only goes down all the way but not up auto all the way. basically dont worry, its not a big deal, i think its just the switch you need to replace which is like $30 retail, kinda pricey but dammit i need that auto up and down :)

eddiesoh
10-20-2004, 04:41 AM
ahh yeah i got it...no one touch sunroof though....i had a mental lapse....i knew i had one tocuh windows....but for some reason i got the one touch closing thing mixed up with my sunroof...im a dummy :(

wait so that $30 switch from bavauto wont work on my sunroof? my sunroof doesnt auto open or close, its just you have to sit there and wait while holding..kinda sucks, i want auto 1 touch open and close on my sunroof, how do i do that?