Jean H.318TI
10-23-2010, 06:22 AM
best tuner/tunes ever, great customer service and excellent guy

bmwconnect
10-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the kind word's Jean

xxxJohnBoyxxx
10-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I can only say good things about Barrie. He did a excellent tune 60# injector tune on my turbo 318 when other tuners gave up on me. It was not a easy tune but since it was a Canada to Florida tune over the internet. He is great to work with and the tune is excellent.

I highly recommend him for your tuning needs. My tune was for a Motronic M5.2 on a Metric 2.1L running anywhere from 10psi ~ 24psi and it works flawless at any boost level I choose with perfect transition going into boost. This is a daily driver with all accessories and drives like a normal BMW car should until you hit the "loud petal" the it runs like a cat with carb spray shot under it's tail...(No animals where hurt it's just an expression)

John Smith

bmwconnect
10-23-2010, 08:57 PM
You guys are too nice ;)

bmwconnect
11-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Chips can now be purchased directly threw my website in the products section

Working on the OBD flash section now

www.midnight-tuning.com

Jean H.318TI
11-04-2010, 02:42 AM
awesome

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Midnight Tuning Holiday Special DEC 15 - Jan 1, 2011

All OBD1 Performance chips reduced to $130usd *S&H included* *REG 199usd

All OBD2 M44 flashes reduced to $220usd+$30usd S&H *REG 280usd

I also have tunes for other Motors & DMEs .. Please ask about holiday priceing

Please inquire about tuning at midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Please allow for extra shipping times due to high mail traffic

Happy Holidays from Midnight Tuning

dguzzardo22
12-16-2010, 12:22 AM
web site is down .

im intrested in reading on the gains from the m44 one

Jean H.318TI
12-16-2010, 12:36 AM
The tune on my car for the m44 is insane, nothing even close to my previous dinan and best of all is the power band all the way to the new red line 7300rpms it pulls really hard

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 12:36 AM
web site is down .

im intrested in reading on the gains from the m44 one

Website is getting a over haul for the new year but I can do shipping invoice directly threw paypal

I tuned the M42 with a extra 20 BHP on the dyno and I tuned the M44 the same way so you can expect a extra 20Hp gain at the crank for the M44 and even slightly better if you have supporting mods

Best regards

Marv17
12-16-2010, 12:58 AM
dang. these are some good hp gains... do you know if the mpg suffers from the increased tune?

I'll be soon be getting a dinan throttle body for my car... hopefully you can tune it for that as well. i have a OBD-II S52. how much would you charge to do a tune? mods included: M50 manifold, CAI, exhaust, Dinan Throttle body (which is a 8% airflow increase).
I'll be working extra during the holidays and it'd be an awesome xmas gift to myself if i can afford to get it done :D

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 01:14 AM
dang. these are some good hp gains... do you know if the mpg suffers from the increased tune?

I'll be soon be getting a dinan throttle body for my car... hopefully you can tune it for that as well. i have a OBD-II S52. how much would you charge to do a tune? mods included: M50 manifold, CAI, exhaust, Dinan Throttle body (which is a 8% airflow increase).
I'll be working extra during the holidays and it'd be an awesome xmas gift to myself if i can afford to get it done :D

Marv the MPG increases slightly over stock at part throttle (cruising)
Marv for the S52 it will be 260usd + shipping *special holiday price* Normally this would be a custom tune and I charge more but I'm in a good mood this month ;)

contact me via email when you ready midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Marv17
12-16-2010, 01:27 AM
haha, touché as so am I. I'll send you a pm.

dguzzardo22
12-16-2010, 01:36 AM
wow 20 extra ! and better mpgs !! and you mean supporting mods you mean . a exhaust and intake or for our cars fogged airbox , and what else would help add the power with the tune?

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 01:40 AM
wow 20 extra ! and better mpgs !! and you mean supporting mods you mean . a exhaust and intake or for our cars fogged airbox , and what else would help add the power with the tune?

When I say supporting mods I mean if you have CAI or better flowing exhaust you might see a extra 2-5 crank hp on top of the 20bhp with my tune

dguzzardo22
12-16-2010, 01:56 AM
as far as the install. tell me the process with that .

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 02:00 AM
as far as the install. tell me the process with that .

You must remove your DME, have it shipped to me and then I flash with my software then I send back and you simply install DME and go!

dguzzardo22
12-16-2010, 02:16 AM
as far as process on shipping what is the wait once recieved. and also once it is flashed is there any reversal if im not happy? and if i do a motor swap can i get a tune for the new motor or i would be stuck with it. also my motor has high miles is it safe?

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 02:28 AM
as far as process on shipping what is the wait once recieved. and also once it is flashed is there any reversal if im not happy? and if i do a motor swap can i get a tune for the new motor or i would be stuck with it. also my motor has high miles is it safe?

Shipping depends on you, where your located , How much you want to spend on shipping to me and how quickly you need the DME back

Yes the process can be reversed but without refund.. Why you might ask? I Don't want people steeling my code and reselling it

If you plan on doing a swap just wait so you don't have to pay for two tunes

High miles is not the killer but rather neglect, low octane gas used, and how often you do oil and fluid changes

Best Regards|

zoner
12-16-2010, 03:23 AM
I have the Dinan Stage I chip in my M42- it provides a reasonable bump over stock, but I doubt it is anywhere near 20HP. Additionally, I'm lucky if I get 20 MPG in the city and that's not even putting my foot into it.

I may have to look into this...

dguzzardo22
12-16-2010, 03:34 AM
im not planning on stealing anything . i dont know a thing about codes and such . i dont know how to remove my dme yet .
and as far as proof on a m44 do u have any charts or anything ?

sorry for all the dumb questions im just looking for a christmas present to myself and i want all the info i can .

Thanks

also if i were to buy a dasc would u have to retune to map for the dasc ?

Marv17
12-16-2010, 03:46 AM
im not planning on stealing anything . i dont know a thing about codes and such . i dont know how to remove my dme yet .

sorry for all the dumb questions im just looking for a christmas present to myself and i want all the info i can .

Thanks

yeah, any kind of modification added later you would have to send it back for a retune ESPECIALLY for a supercharger. BUT know this, there is not a lot of engine modification you can add to the M42/4. The only other thing i can think of is a bigger MAF (which is probably not needed for a small motor), or larger injectors. The DME is on the passenger side as well. there should be threads or DYI threads on other sites to help you remove the DME safely.

dguzzardo22
12-16-2010, 05:37 AM
so even with the tune with larger injectors . if someone would chime in on stock compared to bigger ones and if i going to get a tune i might as well get the tune with bigger injectors to get a little more power ..

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 05:44 AM

Thanks

Its not a matter of if you will or not it's just my policy and I stick to it ;)
if you want a tune and want your money back then contact Dinan ;)

I have no dyno sheets for the M44 but I can ensure you a dyno sheet is not needed to build a excellent calibration file/software for this car

Questions are not dumb :)

contact me by email if you need more info midnight-tuning@rogers.com

bmwconnect
12-16-2010, 05:52 AM
so even with the tune with larger injectors . if someone would chime in on stock compared to bigger ones and if i going to get a tune i might as well get the tune with bigger injectors to get a little more power ..

Bigger injectors will do nothing for you unless you are FI or have some major motor upgrades... such as cams,porting,over sized piston, etc.

zoner
12-16-2010, 07:55 AM
BUT know this, there is not a lot of engine modification you can add to the M42/4. The only other thing i can think of is a bigger MAF (which is probably not needed for a small motor), or larger injectors. As bmwconnect stated- there are any number of things you can do to a M42/44 to increase performance like: cams, intake porting, head porting, milling, valve work, oversize pistons, forced induction, etc. etc., the problem is that with these engines, dollar for dollar it is very cost prohibitive for the associated gain in performance- $750 for a cam set is pretty steep, and that doesn't even take into account the valve work needed to make it work properly. You'll end up putting a few thousand $$ or more into getting probably less horsepower, compromised streetability, and likely less reliability than an S52 swap... It's just not really worth it, IMO.

Jean H.318TI
12-16-2010, 08:55 AM
just get the tune from this guy i cant be any happier with the tune, my previous DINAN tune is nothing next to his tune, the car pulls really really hard and even more after the hp on the dinan tune start dropin after 6k, with his tune the car keeps pullin hard until the new red line, this is the most hp i got for the money and its cheaper than the dinan tune ;)

Marv17
12-16-2010, 03:12 PM
As bmwconnect stated- there are any number of things you can do to a M42/44 to increase performance like: cams, intake porting, head porting, milling, valve work, oversize pistons, forced induction, etc. etc., the problem is that with these engines, dollar for dollar it is very cost prohibitive for the associated gain in performance- $750 for a cam set is pretty steep, and that doesn't even take into account the valve work needed to make it work properly. You'll end up putting a few thousand $$ or more into getting probably less horsepower, compromised streetability, and likely less reliability than an S52 swap... It's just not really worth it, IMO.

oh, yeah i know. I was just merely stating that with any other future engine modifications of any sort of these examples he'll have to have it tuned properly for them to achieve optum power. That is why i went with a S52 swap instead of rebuilding my M44 when i messed it up in the rain. money costs wasn't worth saving the motor.
but any who... i'll be going with this tune once i get my final touches in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to this xmas present to myself :D

rbajadek
12-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I sent my DME to Barrie but he was not able to flash it, he could read only not write. I purchased another DME off of Ebay and I am sending it to him. When I get it back how do I go about aligning the new DME to my car? I sure hope this works, I really want the Midnight Tuned DME.

97' 318Ti

rbajadek
12-16-2010, 09:37 PM
I sent my DME to Barrie and he was unable to Flash it, read only. So I purchased a DME off of EBAY and sent it to him. How do I go about aligning the new DME with my car? I hope this works I really want to use the flashed DME.

1996 328ti
12-17-2010, 12:10 AM
I sent my DME to Barrie but he was not able to flash it, he could read only not write. I purchased another DME off of Ebay and I am sending it to him. When I get it back how do I go about aligning the new DME to my car? I sure hope this works, I really want the Midnight Tuned DME.

97' 318Ti

I sent my DME to Barrie and he was unable to Flash it, read only. So I purchased a DME off of EBAY and sent it to him. How do I go about aligning the new DME with my car? I hope this works I really want to use the flashed DME.
Did you NOT see?
Notice: Please note, members with less than 5 posts may be subject to approval. Do not repost your message. It will be approved as soon as possible.

bmwconnect
12-17-2010, 12:22 AM

97' 318Ti

You nearest BMW dealer or BMW shop with the correct tools can align your NEW DME with your stock EWS module ;)

dguzzardo22
12-17-2010, 02:01 AM
after the tune is sent back to me i would have to trailor my car to a bmw dealer to get it aligned?

is it possible to do it yourself without a trip to the dealer?

bmwconnect
12-17-2010, 02:02 AM
after the tune is sent back to me i would have to trailor my car to a bmw dealer to get it aligned?

is it possible to do it yourself without a trip to the dealer?

No you would not need to do that... His case was a special case and he needed to get a different DME

dguzzardo22
12-17-2010, 02:10 AM
ok thank you .!

ur customer service is excellent . always responsive in all post .

do you know when your site will be up ?

bmwconnect
12-17-2010, 02:13 AM
ok thank you .!

ur customer service is excellent . always responsive in all post .

do you know when your site will be up ?

Don't know about the site...I'm busy all the time with tuning requests and if I do make the site live I'm afraid I will get back logged ;) half of my time is spent replying to questions so its a long day ;)

dguzzardo22
12-17-2010, 02:16 AM
hopefully soon u'll here no more questions from me and be working on my dme instead . !

bmwconnect
12-17-2010, 02:23 AM
hopefully soon u'll here no more questions from me and be working on my dme instead . !

Np!@

I don't mind !

Mr.Squeelerz
12-17-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm just curious as to the cost variations of the flashes. What makes OBDII $80 more than OBDI @ your standard pricing? I'm aware of the different platform of electronics, but how does that intensify the process?

bmwconnect
12-17-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm just curious as to the cost variations of the flashes. What makes OBDII $80 more than OBDI @ your standard pricing? I'm aware of the different platform of electronics, but how does that intensify the process?

Time invested & calibration files are far more complex
prices are fair and competitive IMO

tiFreak
12-30-2010, 07:04 AM
I guess I might as well jump on this before the sale ends, sending an email now :biggrin:

Jean H.318TI
12-30-2010, 07:42 AM
nice dude u will notice the difference, its crazy

xxxJohnBoyxxx
12-30-2010, 09:01 PM
I guess I might as well jump on this before the sale ends, sending an email now :biggrin:

If this is a OBD-II tune do you need a loaner DME to keep driving the car while the flash work is completed? If so we do that too at Midnight.

John Smith

tiFreak
12-31-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm OBDI, but my car's in storage until spring so it wouldn't be a problem

xxxJohnBoyxxx
01-01-2011, 04:28 AM
I'm OBDI, but my car's in storage until spring so it wouldn't be a problem

All OBD-I is handled directly by Barrie. I only handle OBD-II in the US.

John Smith

wolferj-RIP
01-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Ok, I know that this is not M42/M44 related, but I am looking for something for my M50. Specifically, I am going to be installing s50 cams, a 3.5 MAF with CAI and 20lb injectors.

Haven't found anything specific for the VANOS OBD1 M50 yet and was wondering if you have a solution/suggestion for me.

bmwconnect
01-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Ok, I know that this is not M42/M44 related, but I am looking for something for my M50. Specifically, I am going to be installing s50 cams, a 3.5 MAF with CAI and 20lb injectors.

Haven't found anything specific for the VANOS OBD1 M50 yet and was wondering if you have a solution/suggestion for me.

I could have a solution for you but only of you have AFR logging at your end

wolferj-RIP
01-01-2011, 04:45 AM
I might have someone who can do that... If not, what would I need?

xxxJohnBoyxxx
01-01-2011, 09:11 AM
I might have someone who can do that... If not, what would I need?

Sorry to butt in but I think a LM-2 would be the best for this. Barrie tuned my car with logs from one of these units and when hooked up right they give a great amount of useful information.

A little expensive but so worth it. I've had mine for almost 2 years and look at it daily 20 times or more.

Edit link to website ~ http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

John S

Jean H.318TI
01-01-2011, 10:10 AM
yup thats how barrie tune mine too, got the logs from the LM-2

wolferj-RIP
01-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks, John... That's what I am looking for. I will research this week.

steamboat
01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a standard 96 M44 with a DOWNING/ATLANTA supercharger. I think the max pressure is 7.5 psi and I would like to get the most out of this four banger without overdoing it. Can I make other changes that would increase the performance without risking the head gasket?

xxxJohnBoyxxx
01-03-2011, 03:22 AM
I have a standard 96 M44 with a DOWNING/ATLANTA supercharger. I think the max pressure is 7.5 psi and I would like to get the most out of this four banger without overdoing it. Can I make other changes that would increase the performance without risking the head gasket?

I have run 15psi with a Downing kit. I used a 3.2" pulley and injected methenol after 10psi. I originally ran nick G's kit which is very stable to 12psi on the 30# injectors he supplies. I'm not telling you he suggests running 12psi but I had very good luck with his tune to 12 psi.

If you want to go to 15psi I suggest 42.8# injectors since they can supply the fuel needed for the boost, also methenol is needed as a chemical intercooler to cool the intake charge. All this was done on a completely stock motor with stock head gasket from 123K to 173K and the motor was retired as a core with no issues at all...I did run different tuning from other tuners and Midnight can get you a tune for 15psi if you need it.

John Smith

bmwconnect
01-03-2011, 03:28 AM

I can certainly help you out here but I don't recommend you go past 12psi on the DA setup without water injection
contact me personally via email with more details of what you have in mind

midnight-tuning@rogers.com

steamboat
01-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Thanks for all the in depth information from both John and midnight-tuning I don't think that I would want to go past 12psi so I will be emailing you midnight-tuning with further details. Thanks again,

Chuck Abbott

bmwconnect
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
John is now my USA dealer in the US and shipping times have been cut in half for OBD2 software upgrades witch means your downtime is cut in half also for shipping your dme for a flash tune :)

website should be up soon and you will be able to order chips or software upgrades directly from the site

DailyD
01-22-2011, 02:29 AM
I’m interested in the flash/tune. So if I understand correctly, the tune will add about 20 BHP as well as increase MPG. NICE! I'm in California. Will my car pass smog after the tune?

Cheers

bmwconnect
01-22-2011, 02:42 AM
I’m interested in the flash/tune. So if I understand correctly, the tune will add about 20 BHP as well as increase MPG. NICE! I'm in California. Will my car pass smog after the tune?

Cheers

If the motor is well maintained, then yes it should, and will always pass smog with a flash upgrade .

Contact me at midnight-tuning@rogers.com if you are still interested dailyd

Regards|

familytruckster
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
How about auto cars? I saw mention about not being able to tune?

bmwconnect
01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
How about auto cars? I saw mention about not being able to tune?

I can do auto cars just don't want to get involved with transmission software ;)

familytruckster
01-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Ah, but you can do the your normal tune, just won't change the shift points to take advantage of the raised limiter?

bmwconnect
01-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Ah, but you can do the your normal tune, just won't change the shift points to take advantage of the raised limiter?

correct!

bmwconnect
02-08-2011, 01:50 AM
I now offer EWS delete performance chips for the 1995 M42 #282DME
This will come in handy if you are swapping the motor into a E30

eurohb
02-15-2011, 06:55 AM
I now offer EWS delete performance chips for the 1995 M42 #282DME
This will come in handy if you are swapping the motor into a E30

anything for the m44 as in a reflash?

bmwconnect
02-15-2011, 09:42 AM
anything for the m44 as in a reflash?

yes contact me for details

midnight-tuning@rogers.com

bmwconnect
04-22-2011, 05:00 AM
A reminder to all the OBD2 M44 owners, Flashes are $270 + Shipping
All other OBD2 motor DME flashes are $270 + shipping

Gains are very noticeable with the M44 midnight flash and rev limit is increased to 7000rpm as a standard

Inquire at my email midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Fuzzy Nutbucket
06-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Hello there! What kind of options do you have for the 6 cyl. motors, I have an S50b30 swap in my ti, run off of a 413 Red label ecu, w/ a LW Flywheel and 3.5in. CAI (3.5in. 540i {I think} MAF) and free flow cat back exhaust. (if you were wanting any info)
LMK thanks!!

bmwconnect
06-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Hello there! What kind of options do you have for the 6 cyl. motors, I have an S50b30 swap in my ti, run off of a 413 Red label ecu, w/ a LW Flywheel and 3.5in. CAI (3.5in. 540i {I think} MAF) and free flow cat back exhaust. (if you were wanting any info)
LMK thanks!!

Yes I can certainly re-engineer the software in the motor for better performance

I'm curious though how you are running a 540 maf without software calibration for it ?

contact me at my email midnight-tuning@rogers.com and we can get into details

Thanks

Fuzzy Nutbucket
06-17-2011, 04:48 AM
Email sent!! Not sure why I said 540... o.0 just popped into my head for some reason.

bmwconnect
08-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Hello folks

I have September 2011 end of summer OBD1 performance chip sale for the M42 covering Bosch DME# ending in 175,990,282,590 and more!

Reg. $199us Sale price : $179us *Free Shipping World Wide*
Paypal Invoice

Chip Includes:

Rev-limit Increase (standard increase or custom for track use)
HP & TQ Increase
Slight Increase in fuel economy
Increased Throttle Response
Top Speed Gov Removed (standard or custom increase)

Ask about additional tuning features:

EWS Off (if needed)
Launch Control (for track use only)
Fuel economy only tune

Please email me with inquires at midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Best Regards|
BarrieM///

maverick
08-25-2011, 05:06 AM
Hello folks

I have September 2011 end of summer OBD1 performance chip sale for the M42 covering Bosch DME# ending in 175,990,282,590 and more!

Reg. $199us Sale price : $179us *Free Shipping World Wide*
Paypal Invoice

Chip Includes:

Rev-limit Increase (standard increase or custom for track use)
HP & TQ Increase
Slight Increase in fuel economy
Increased Throttle Response
Top Speed Gov Removed (standard or custom increase)

Ask about additional tuning features:

EWS Off (if needed)
Launch Control (for track use only)
Fuel economy only tune

Please email me with inquires at midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Best Regards|
BarrieM///

Any sales coming for M44 flashes?

Dave

bmwconnect
08-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Any sales coming for M44 flashes?

Dave

Yes the flashes are 15% off normal price

Cheers

98318ti
08-31-2011, 08:29 PM
What is the delivery mechanism?

bmwconnect
09-01-2011, 03:53 AM
What is the delivery mechanism?

USPS or UPS

I send back USPS express or Standard depending on how quickly you need it back

spidertri
09-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I've been running the M44 midnight tune since June and I love it. It really woke the car up above 3000rpm and it pulls nice and hard up to 7000. I have had absolutely no issues with the tuned DME.

bmwconnect
09-02-2011, 02:43 AM
I've been running the M44 midnight tune since June and I love it. It really woke the car up above 3000rpm and it pulls nice and hard up to 7000. I have had absolutely no issues with the tuned DME.

Hey thanks for the nice msg :) nice to see this from time to time

cheers m8

slow_ti
09-02-2011, 03:16 AM
No s52 love?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maverick
09-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Yes the flashes are 15% off normal price

Cheers

Sent an email to the quoted address and no answer? Did you get it?

Dave

angus
09-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Is there an EWS delete for OBDII?

bmwconnect
09-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Is there an EWS delete for OBDII?

No sorry you must use a emulator

98318ti
09-06-2011, 11:28 PM
USPS or UPS

I send back USPS express or Standard depending on how quickly you need it back

Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere, I meant how is the tune delivered. Do you have an handheld unit or a computer program or do I need to down my car and send you my DME? I have cables. What if you want to go back to stock? Is my stock tune backed up somewhere or you just keep a generic M44 stock tune around.

Any options for getting a wideband and logging to fine tune?

bmwconnect
09-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere, I meant how is the tune delivered. Do you have an handheld unit or a computer program or do I need to down my car and send you my DME? I have cables. What if you want to go back to stock? Is my stock tune backed up somewhere or you just keep a generic M44 stock tune around.

Any options for getting a wideband and logging to fine tune?

I have Mpps flash hardware witch is used with a laptop
You need to ship me your DME so I can bench flash it
it can always be flashed back to stock and I keep a stock 668 or 667 file on hand always

cheers

98318ti
09-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks Barrie,

Seriously considering for an M44. Only problem is the car is my son's dd and he is back in school now.

xxxJohnBoyxxx
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks Barrie,

Seriously considering for an M44. Only problem is the car is my son's dd and he is back in school now.

If Barrie approves. I have a test DME kit that can be sent to use while your DME is being flashed. You need to be USA based and the Test DME will be sent with stock code and include EWS and key so the car can be driven.

Barrie needs to approve and quote pricing

Jean H.318TI
09-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Barries tune is the best, I used to have the dinan tune and let me tell u, from dinan to midnight tune was like going from stock to a race tune, lots of power all the way to redline (7300rpms now) its just awesome.

98318ti
09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the offer John, but I would probably just wait for a holiday or something. I can get him to school, it's just a little inconvenient.

I appreciate the feedback from both you and Jean.

Cheers

bmwconnect
09-07-2011, 10:08 PM
If Barrie approves. I have a test DME kit that can be sent to use while your DME is being flashed. You need to be USA based and the Test DME will be sent with stock code and include EWS and key so the car can be driven.

Barrie needs to approve and quote pricing

I approve and email for price :)

bmwconnect
09-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Just want to say thanks to all who have emailed me with the kind comments
been very busy locally with race cars so I'm working as quickly as possible to get all the chip orders out and arrange flashes

chips take about 5-8 working days

cheers everyone :)

bmwconnect
09-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Just want to share this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tghSs_lClI

slow_ti
09-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Dope!

xxxJohnBoyxxx
09-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Just want to share this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tghSs_lClI

That is what I'm going for:wink: 50shot off the line and 20psi of boost. No lag when you shot the NOS off the line:biggrin: My ET's are lower then his with no NOS and I have a 2.4-2.6 60 foot time

bmwconnect
09-18-2011, 10:40 PM
ya it's amazing what a little nos will do in to pick the car up off the line

xxxJohnBoyxxx
09-19-2011, 03:27 PM
ya it's amazing what a little nos will do in to pick the car up off the line

So Barrie you got a NOS tune for me? At a 50 shot I don't think the timing needs to be changed so should I just use the 60# injector tune and go for it?

You know my car runs perfect with the currect tune but just asking:wink:

Thanks, John S

bmwconnect
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
So Barrie you got a NOS tune for me? At a 50 shot I don't think the timing needs to be changed so should I just use the 60# injector tune and go for it?

You know my car runs perfect with the currect tune but just asking:wink:

Thanks, John S

Depending where your AFRs are currently? I noticed a 50shot at 12.5afr brought the car down to 11.7-12ish at 1000psi of NOS pressure. I would say stick with the 60# and stick with the current timing

bmwconnect
09-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Just a reminder that the sale ends OCT1 2011 and all inquires for performance chip and OBD2 flashes from now till then will be treated at the sale price

cheers

zoner
09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
I liked last year's holiday special a little better... ($130 for OBD-I chip) :biggrin:

Alas, I failed to jump on it. :mad:

Just a question, as I am still thinking about pulling the trigger on this anyway: Do you know how the OBD-I chip would work with a Dinan TB as compared to a Stock TB? I presently have a Dinan Stage I chip and stock TB, but will be swapping the stock TB for the Dinan TB in the very near future. Would it require a tweak in the tune between the two TB's? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

bmwconnect
09-28-2011, 08:40 PM
I liked last year's holiday special a little better... ($130 for OBD-I chip) :biggrin:

Alas, I failed to jump on it. :mad:

Just a question, as I am still thinking about pulling the trigger on this anyway: Do you know how the OBD-I chip would work with a Dinan TB as compared to a Stock TB? I presently have a Dinan Stage I chip and stock TB, but will be swapping the stock TB for the Dinan TB in the very near future. Would it require a tweak in the tune between the two TB's? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I can certainly cater to your mod here without any problems
PM Sent zoner!

slow_ti
09-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Do you do tunes like this for an S52?

bmwconnect
09-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Do you do tunes like this for an S52?

Depends what your mods are?
but yes I can flash that stock S52 MS41.1 DME for more power and do lots of other tricks

cheers

slow_ti
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
I just have exhaust, intake, turned ECU (Dinan), a 255 fuel pump if that matters haha. Um. That's about it. I plan on a 3.5 maf with larger injectors down the road. What's your price.

bmwconnect
09-28-2011, 09:45 PM
I just have exhaust, intake, turned ECU (Dinan), a 255 fuel pump if that matters haha. Um. That's about it. I plan on a 3.5 maf with larger injectors down the road. What's your price.

sale price $230+shipping $20/$60 depending if you need it over knighted

cheers

slow_ti
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
I'll keep in touch sir

bmwconnect
10-03-2011, 04:33 PM
*update*

because of the over whelming response for flashes at the sale price I have decided to extend the sale (chip/flash) till the end of October 2011

This includes all M44 flashes & M42 Chips

please inquire at midnight-tuning@rogers.com for complete pricing and details

Thanks everyone

bmwconnect
10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who has taken advantage of the midnight tuning sale

Sale ends OCT 31 2011

xxxJohnBoyxxx
10-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Bump

maverick
10-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks to everyone who has taken advantage of the midnight tuning sale

Sale ends OCT 31 2011

Got mine back Monday and hope to have it back in for some basic testing Sunday but real testing will have to wait for some other repairs to be completed.

Great service and turnaround and looking forward to playing my tune!

Dave

bmwconnect
11-21-2011, 09:01 PM
New pricing structure for 2012 Naturally Aspirated Applications

OBD1 Standard 91 Octane Performance Tune/Chip - 1985'-95' Motors - $180 *Free Shipping*

OBD1 Custom 91, 93, E85 Performance Tune/Chip- 1985-95' Motors - $220 * Free Shipping* ( custom limiters, features, ext. )

OBD1 EWS Delete - All OBD1 1993-95' EWS Based Motors - $100 *Free Shipping*

OBD2 Standard 91 Octane Performance Tune/Flash (DME must be shipped) - 1995'-2005 Non M Motors - $250 *return shipping fee*

OBD2 Custom 91, 93, E85 Performance Tune/Flash- (DME must be shipped) 1995-05' Motors - $300 *return shipping fee* ( custom limiters, features, ext. )

OBD2 EWS Delete Tune/Flash- (DME must be shipped) 1995-99' Motors - $150 *return shipping fee*

PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS TO MIDNIGHT-TUNING@ROGERS.COM

DME Removal Instruction for E36s http://youtu.be/pAu0KJ9rWAQ

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Bear607/E36bro-1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Bear607/E30bro-1.jpg

dguzzardo22
11-30-2011, 03:25 AM
whats the difference between obd2 custom and standard ?

bmwconnect
11-30-2011, 04:34 AM
whats the difference between obd2 custom and standard ?

Standard = 91octane tuning, 7000rpm, Speed limiter delete, CAI supported, Aftermarket Muffler supported

Custom = Tuning for 93Octane, E85 Fuel , Custom rev-limit , Custom speed limiter , Bigger MAF, Headers, EXT.

Hope this helps :)

bmwconnect
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Just a quick reminder for Florida residents, Member : xxxJohnBoyxxx can do Midnight Tuning Flashes on the spot for your vehicle, If your are willing to make the trip to his residents. The benefits to this are no down time while shipping out the DME and shipping cost's are eliminated. John is located in golf port Florida and is available most day's to do flashes. Please contact me for more info midnight-tuning@rogers.com - Thank you!

juan.manjarres
02-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Just went this route with Barrie and John, great opportunity! So far haven't driven it much but I can attest that the short times I have she's pulling incredibly well. Have only revved it to about 7k and I have a 7400 rpm limit but she pulls hard all the way through! Got a chance to see what Johns car can do and all I have to say is I was left in awe after that drive, Barrie has done an excellent job with tuning and Johns car is breath taking.

bmwconnect
02-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Just went this route with Barrie and John, great opportunity! So far haven't driven it much but I can attest that the short times I have she's pulling incredibly well. Have only revved it to about 7k and I have a 7400 rpm limit but she pulls hard all the way through! Got a chance to see what Johns car can do and all I have to say is I was left in awe after that drive, Barrie has done an excellent job with tuning and Johns car is breath taking.

Thank's for the kind words Jaun

xxxJohnBoyxxx
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM

Glad you are happy with Barrie's work. Also I'm glad you enjoyed driving the sleeper 318, that was low boost at 14psi, you should drive that car over 20psi without 3 people in it:wink:

maverick
02-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Standard = 91octane tuning, 7000rpm, Speed limiter delete, CAI supported, Aftermarket Muffler supported

Custom = Tuning for 93Octane, E85 Fuel , Custom rev-limit , Custom speed limiter , Bigger MAF, Headers, EXT.

Hope this helps :)

Barrie,

Do you do a tune for a 667 on 96ti that would work with a Downey Atlanta Supercharger kit so that I would not need the rising rate fuel regulator for fuel control? I would want a 93 oct tune that would not need the kluge of the RRFR and maybe not tuned for every last horsepower but stable and safe.

Can you do that and how much?

Thanks,
Dave

bmwconnect
02-05-2012, 05:49 PM
EMAIL sent maverick

cheers

juan.manjarres
02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Been driving the car a bit more, so far it was a big wake up for the car. Pulls very very strong till the 7400 rpm limiter. A plus side is that my mileage has increase about 3 to 4 mpg when cruising. Engine response has improved some in the lower range but where you really see the difference is after 3k rpms. Best money spent on the car.

bmwconnect
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Been driving the car a bit more, so far it was a big wake up for the car. Pulls very very strong till the 7400 rpm limiter. A plus side is that my mileage has increase about 3 to 4 mpg when cruising. Engine response has improved some in the lower range but where you really see the difference is after 3k rpms. Best money spent on the car.

Glad you enjoy it sir. I'm very passionate about tuning this motor as it was the first BMW motor I ever owned.

cheers

bmwconnect
02-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Just curious on getting a number of how many folks are interested in getting a NA flash done but can't afford the down time because of having to ship out the DME? If there is a considerable amount of people, I would be willing to make a flash tool that could be shipped to the comfort of your home.

let me know!

zoner
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Just curious on getting a number of how many folks are interested in getting a NA flash done but can't afford the down time because of having to ship out the DME? If there is a considerable amount of people, I would be willing to make a flash tool that could be shipped to the comfort of your home.

let me know!

The down time is not a huge negative for me, as I have a secondary vehicle, but I'm always interested in things that combine comfort + home. :smile:

How would something like this work?

Mr.Squeelerz
02-06-2012, 06:47 PM
The down time is not a huge negative for me, as I have a secondary vehicle, but I'm always interested in things that combine comfort + home. :smile:

How would something like this work?

+1

somedumbjerk
03-13-2012, 12:24 AM
i daily drive mine. if i could have no down time i would pull the trigger today. plus that means i could do it without telling the lady exactly what i'm doing :cool:

maverick
03-13-2012, 01:18 AM

let me know!

Not getting an NA as I have that but for reflashing to the supercharger flash and maybe any tweeks in the future I think being able to flash at home would be great.

Dave

geetarspaz
03-13-2012, 01:46 AM
myself. +1

Entropyman
03-21-2012, 08:34 PM
+1

bmwconnect
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
+1

If your located in Flordia you should drive up and see John for a flash - no down time :)

projekt EPiK
03-22-2012, 01:04 AM
i thought on page 8 there were ads showing that you were selling as a chip now?

cant believe i havent checked out this thread before now. just picked up a used Dinan chip that is en route. :(

Doubtful that i will do anythiing else for this m42, but when the ti eventually gets my 1992 m50 i'll see what you can do. Currently that engine is in my drift car with a 413 red DME and TMS chip..but I can swap it out ;)

bmwconnect
03-22-2012, 05:10 AM
i thought on page 8 there were ads showing that you were selling as a chip now?

cant believe i havent checked out this thread before now. just picked up a used Dinan chip that is en route. :(

Doubtful that i will do anythiing else for this m42, but when the ti eventually gets my 1992 m50 i'll see what you can do. Currently that engine is in my drift car with a 413 red DME and TMS chip..but I can swap it out ;)

I sell OBD1 chips and OBD 2 Flashes

cheers

Entropyman
03-22-2012, 05:09 PM
If your located in Flordia you should drive up and see John for a flash - no down time :)
Good idea, for some reason I was thinking Gulfport, Mississippi and that is too much of a drive. Is it possible just to get the redline increase and nothing else?

xxxJohnBoyxxx
03-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Good idea, for some reason I was thinking Gulfport, Mississippi and that is to much of a drive. Is it possible just to get the redline increase and nothing else?

I'm in Gulfport, FL. I live 4 minutes from the Skyway Bridge west coast middle Florida. Tampa Bay area. I can flash any of Barries codes for you if you come to my house.

Entropyman
03-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Verrrry tempting, I'll start saving my pennies. I'm convinced that having to up-shift was the only reason Bimmerbum beat me at the autocross last weekend:biggrin:

bmwconnect
03-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Good idea, for some reason I was thinking Gulfport, Mississippi and that is too much of a drive. Is it possible just to get the redline increase and nothing else?

I can do a redline increase and this is very common with autocross guy's - I wont charge you full price tune for something like this. Cheers

GetOuttaMyWay
08-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Just got Barrie's chip in my m42. Awesome upgrade that really wakes the car up. No more flat spots in the torque curve and the car really pulls now. Partial throttle response seems a little quicker now too. Also no EWS issue. Definitely a good tune and a great value.

maverick
08-17-2012, 12:54 PM
I have decided to go with a supercharger and have pretty much all I need gathered and waiting for cooler weather and time and energy on my part. Between the heat, my surgery, my familiy and work demands and the recent death of my sister my car has been on hold but I soon hope to have it going like mad with Barrie's help.

Dave

RedTRex
08-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I just got my DME back from Barrie (M44 tune) and I echo the below comments. Well worth it!!!!

Just got Barrie's chip in my m42. Awesome upgrade that really wakes the car up. No more flat spots in the torque curve and the car really pulls now. Partial throttle response seems a little quicker now too. Also no EWS issue. Definitely a good tune and a great value.

DaRvDrUmS
04-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Are these services still available?

xxxJohnBoyxxx
04-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Yes they are. What year make and engine?

DaRvDrUmS
04-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Yes they are. What year make and engine?

'98 318ti with M44 1.9 (auto tragic DD)

Please PM me!

Hakentt-MS41.1
04-11-2014, 04:40 AM

I guess not

bmwconnect
04-11-2014, 02:44 PM

yes and please ignore Hakentt

xxxJohnBoyxxx
04-11-2014, 04:43 PM
I guess notWay to show some class. This is the same as $hitting on someone's for sale thread.

If you got a problem? Ever thought of taking it to PM or is your only goal to stir up the board :confused:

scooter
04-13-2014, 05:07 AM
Hi John and Barrie,
I have owned my '99 318ti for a year. Just finished putting her back together. She was in tough shape. The car is totally stock. I am looking for more power but I am anxious about supercharging and turbo. My local shop can't help me. I am interested in the flash upgrade. I am wondering if you have / sell a spare DME? That I can keep in my possession permanently in case I want to return to original programming without shipping and waiting. Also, how much for the flash and does John do this now in FL vs Ship to Canada?
Scott

xxxJohnBoyxxx
04-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Hi John and Barrie,
I have owned my '99 318ti for a year. Just finished putting her back together. She was in tough shape. The car is totally stock. I am looking for more power but I am anxious about supercharging and turbo. My local shop can't help me. I am interested in the flash upgrade. I am wondering if you have / sell a spare DME? That I can keep in my possession permanently in case I want to return to original programming without shipping and waiting. Also, how much for the flash and does John do this now in FL vs Ship to Canada?
Scott

Yes we can help. I have a DME kit I will sell and Barrie will write the code for your car. Only issue is we need a dump of your ORI code to use as a template for the performance code to flash to the spare DME. I can explain things much better over PM or email or phone.

Thanks, John S

scooter
04-14-2014, 12:08 AM
John,
A call works best for me. How can I reach you? My e-mail is: scottamarino@yahoo.com

RobE30
04-22-2014, 11:01 PM
This sounds interesting. I'm still working through my 97 and need to get it up to par before adding any power. I'll be in touch!