PDA

View Full Version : Leather interior

ebb
07-12-2004, 05:33 PM
I have a 98 318ti and want to install a leather interior. Are the seats in the compact unique or will any e36 2 door leather interior fit the car? Are the door cards the same?
I have seen many interiors advertised on ebay, none of which specify the compact. :? :? :? :? :?

schussey
07-12-2004, 08:11 PM
i know that the m3 vader seats fit in a ti, so i'd assume that other e36 seats would as well, at least the front 2, not sure about the rears

96cali
07-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Fronts ok from any e36, rears are unique unless you are willing to heavily modify from a coupe (not advised). The door panel are unique to the ti and the inserts are heat bonded and do not detach easily. The two ways I have heard to do it are using a heat gun to loosen the glue/bond or to cover the fabric. The doors I would go to a pro. The seats are easy yourself. Consider just getting your seats redone by a pro or buy a kit and do it yourself.

I went throughthis a while back and abandoned the idea based on the difficulty of the door panels. What color is your interior? Not all the gray colors were the same I think.

ebb
07-13-2004, 05:51 PM
My interior is black so I may not bother unless I see some for good money. Cheers anyway.