PDA

View Full Version : bavauto question

robcarync
07-13-2004, 12:49 AM
does anyone have the reset and fault code reader from bavauto.com and if so, would you reccomend it?

quick question...to the point...repair expenses are killing me/my pops and we are starting to do some stuff ourselves...

it is the one with this description

Bavarian Autosport Oil Service Light Reset Tool with Engine Fault Code Reader

1996 328ti
07-13-2004, 02:54 AM
I have the one from peake, it's the same one.
I find it useful. I only do basic stuff on my car but if the Peake tells me I need something it gives me time to buy the part and bring it to my independent. I also change my own oil so it is useful for that. I don't trust shorting out 2 pins to reset the lights.

There may be people in your area that will let you borrow one. We have a local mailing list and people are always asking to borrow stuff.

robcarync
07-13-2004, 06:10 AM
thanks a lot for the input...you people here are most helpful 8-)

2ndBimmer
07-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I have one. Got it recently, only used once to reset the Oil change counter. Worked fine.

robcarync
07-14-2004, 09:55 PM
great! thanks for the input!

quick question because i dont feel like looking it up in the owners manual at the moment...

the 4 green lights are for oil change...and there are two lights to the right of that...red and orange i believe...what do those mean because neither of mine are lit up...

1996 328ti
07-15-2004, 05:00 AM
Amber is due. Red is past due.

liquidgraphix
08-04-2004, 03:46 PM
This place is the best. I've been here for a couple of hours and already got most of my questions answered. I've been thinking of getting that reset tool too, but wasn't sure if it was worth it. Just from reading thru this, I'm rethinking it.

gooten1
09-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Anyone have the tool in South Carolina? I'm due... (for an inspection) and I know I have a **** load of fault codes, and I wanna know what they all are without bein charged at a service place.

robcarync
09-27-2004, 10:39 PM
reset tool is really awesome..easy to use and works good...and comes with the manual of the fault codes. it was worth it for me

318tidom
09-28-2004, 02:05 AM
If all you want to do is reset your inspection and oil change lights, there is a good site on the internet for building your own. You can buy the parts at any radio shack for under $15. I'll try to find it, and post a link or address here. If you want a fault code reader/reset tool, bavauto has always been good to me, and I've spent a lot of money with them. Their prices seem about middle of the road.

robcarync
09-28-2004, 04:08 AM
bavauto is awesome...ships super fast...i got some stuff i ordered in about 3 days!

i love the promptness