PDA

View Full Version : Jack pad adapter

318ti-redu
11-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Hi all -

Looking to see if I can borrow someone's jack pad adapter for a quick minute. Someone in the LA area would be best. Thanks.

budget76
11-21-2010, 07:18 PM
FWIW you can just put the jack under the sideskirt. I put it directly under where the hole for the OEM jack is, works just fine.

cooljess76
11-21-2010, 07:24 PM
FWIW you can just put the jack under the sideskirt. I put it directly under where the hole for the OEM jack is, works just fine.

If you're going to do that, make sure you ONLY put the jack where the pad would go, directly under the jack hole. Somebody jacked my car up from the center of the sideskirt and it caved the floorboard in. Now my sideskirt bulges out a little bit in that spot:frown:

CirrusSR22
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I put a hockey puck on my jack, then line the puck up with where the jack pad is suppose to clip in. Works great and protects from any damage the jack's saddle would do.

tiFreak
11-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I put a hockey puck on my jack, then line the puck up with where the jack pad is suppose to clip in. Works great and protects from any damage the jack's saddle would do.

I do the same thing except with a short 2x4

budget76
11-22-2010, 01:06 AM
If you're going to do that, make sure you ONLY put the jack where the pad would go, directly under the jack hole. Somebody jacked my car up from the center of the sideskirt and it caved the floorboard in. Now my sideskirt bulges out a little bit in that spot:frown:

yep, good point. This is the only place I do it, right under where the OEM jack should be/where the pads were until they fell off.

318ti-redu
12-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Please close this thread. Thank you.