PDA

View Full Version : speed sensor help!!

bmw_pwr
11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
so, as some of you know, i had some problems with my diff couple days ago, i changed the rear plate with a spare i had, and i still have a spare one with no bushing, if someone wants it.. let me know.. so my speedometer hasn't been working since i got the car, 3 weeks ago, and what happened was the guy bought a new speed sensor, and it broke inside the diff... (the diff is not the original one) so i asked him where that diff came from, he doesn't know, so i open the back plate, and i see that the whole where the speed sensor goes is a bit far to the left, and on my spare it is right in the sensor, so what happens when i put a new sensor, it brakes right off, so i been searching a speed sensor that has a long and a half bracket.. will post pics tonight, gonna take some pics.. but if you guys ever came/come across a speed sensor that if 1 and a half, please let me know, as i don't have a working speedometer(got a ticket last week, 81 on a 60, thought i mights of been going 70ish.. thought wrong.. :(
thankss

marcos