PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

1996 328ti
12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I've noticed some who are listed as moderators are no longer here.
And some may not even remember they are moderators.

With the new year I want to clean up the permissions each mod has.
So for now I'm removing everyone and will add them back as necessary.

I would like mods to be allowed move/split posts to the appropriate section.
I see no reason to delete or edit posts unless it is for clarity.
Spelling, broken link. The original poster can edit/delete a post if they wish.

Good judgment is needed when closing a thread.
I think with these basic rules moderation will be more transparent.

We have a friendly community and I don't see a lot of need to moderate.

mohaughn
12-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Totally agree. One of the things i really like about this site is that the moderators are here to fix real issues, they are not here to try and force the direction or ethics of the site. I've been on way to many sites where mods deleted posts just because they didn't like someone, or they thought somebody was attacking their friend. In the end, most of that just makes any "circles" and clicks that much worse. The few times I've seen mods step in and delete content, it was rightfully done.

If you find yourself lacking mods for any particular section, I can help maintain things like moving/merging posts, but really have no interest in trying to monitor what is being posted by others, ie., deleting content.

1996 328ti
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Totally agree. One of the things i really like about this site is that the moderators are here to fix real issues, they are not here to try and force the direction or ethics of the site. I've been on way to many sites where mods deleted posts just because they didn't like someone, or they thought somebody was attacking their friend. In the end, most of that just makes any "circles" and clicks that much worse. The few times I've seen mods step in and delete content, it was rightfully done.

If you find yourself lacking mods for any particular section, I can help maintain things like moving/merging posts, but really have no interest in trying to monitor what is being posted by others, ie., deleting content.Thanks. If you see a need, remind me again. :)

roadrash
12-23-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm still around and happy to help out with mod duties.

1996 328ti
12-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm still around and happy to help out with mod duties.Thanks. You've done a great job at it.

djd590
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Please inform how I can send a Private Message to seller of vehicle that I am interested in. I joined yesterday and have more than 5 posts.

Thanks

1996 328ti
01-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Please inform how I can send a Private Message to seller of vehicle that I am interested in. I joined yesterday and have more than 5 posts.

ThanksYou should be able to send PMs now.
The post limit is to prevent spamming. I realize it may be an inconvenience, but it is necessary.

I would have been happy to change your setting enabling you to send PMs earlier.

cali-ti
01-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Around, but not that much (too many other things going on). You can leave or remove my mod privs, either way is fine by me. Likely better to have more active members as mods.

1996 328ti
01-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Around, but not that much (too many other things going on). You can leave or remove my mod privs, either way is fine by me. Likely better to have more active members as mods.I went through and removed those who aren't very active. Thanks for your help.
Fortunately this forum doesn't need much moderating. :)

lazoh
01-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Fortunately this forum doesn't need much moderating. :)

Thank God for that!!! :biggrin:

zoner
02-25-2011, 06:22 AM

+1