PDA

View Full Version : M-Technic Front and Rear Bumpers

tipsyaj
07-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Some debris hit the front of my car and I have the opportunity to change the front and back bumpers to the M-Technic, or M3 look ... my question is whether this will look odd with the stock side skirts ... I spoke to Bavarian Auto and they said that the skirts I have right now aren't really skirts and I'd need new ones ... is this so ? Anyone have pics of such a mod ?

jigg60
08-04-2004, 07:26 PM
I guess it depends on your current setup or trim level. Do you have a sport, active, or what?
Nonetheless, IMHO I think that you would probably be okay with the M-Tech front and rear bumpers with your stock sideskirts. The front M-Tech bumper really just adds the mesh/slats center grill and fogs to the front bumper. The rear M-Tech bumper adds the black center diffuser insert. I don't think the bumpers are much taller/deeper than stock to make the side profile of your car look odd, but I am not entirely sure. You may want to measure the stock bumper dimensions against the M-Tech bumpers. Besides, if you end up going with the M-Tech bumpers and don't like the profile view of your car, you could always add sideskirts later on.

tipsyaj
08-05-2004, 09:46 AM
I don't think I'm going to go for the sideskirts right now ... looked at some of the pics, and it looks like the stock skirts look great with the M-Tech bumpers ...

Ended buying the rear bumper at Bavarian ... it cost me $460 with shipping, but I got pissed because the rep was trying to convince me that I needed to purchase the diffuser in addition to the bumper, when I knew for a fact that it came with it ... when I called a couple of hours later and spoke to someone else, they agreed ...

I'm hoping this looks good ... I got damage to the front and back when some debris from a landscaping truck fell out while on the highway ... it's nice to get an upgrade when the insurance company is paying the bill ...

I've got to pay for the foglights though ... when we were looking at the damage, I noticed the wiring harness for the foglights, I had no idea my car was pre-wired ... I heard it's a difficult install, I have no experience with this stuff, and the Bavarian Auto rep didn't think I could do it either, but I'm thinking that was more from my female voice than anything else ...