PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Heater Hose, now won't start

GreeleyGal
01-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Hi everyone, my heater hose busted the other day and with the help of one of the tutorials got it replaced. Now, I removed the manifold and the "thing" on the fuel rail that is in place with the U shaped pin. Once the pin was removed and the part disconnected from the fuel rail some fuel did spill out, from the tutorial this was expected. Nothing else was disconnected from the manifold, pretty much just lifted it out of the way, injectors were left in place. Thanks to my small hands I was able to reach down and reconnect the new hose. Air box was also removed so I could get to the radiator end of the connection. Everything was put back together, radiator filled with antifreeze and now the car won't start. It turns over, tries to run for a few seconds then there is a small backfire (not quite a pop) and dies. I am guessing it is because there is no fuel in the injectors since it drained out. Please help me out here, I hope my description is understandable.

familytruckster
01-21-2011, 04:04 AM
It should prime with fuel pretty quickly and start.

What you pulled off sounds the fuel pressure regulator. I don't think that can be installed wrong.

I'd check and make sure all of the wires are connected to the squid, and double check the vacuum lines. Almost sounds like a cam/crank sensor problem.

GreeleyGal
01-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Double checked all the wires and they are connected to the squid along with the vacuum lines. Checked the cam sensor and I had knocked it just enough loose to create a problem, it is running now. Now I am burping the system. Thanks a bunch for your help!