PDA

View Full Version : Well $h%t!!

ti-billy
02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
So I haven't driven the ti for about 3 1/2 months due to half of the drain plug being stuck in the oil pan. And it's been way too cold to work outside and the 21 inches of snow we got in a weeks time is finally melted away. However my neighbor just called me and said "hey, did u know that your passenger side window is busted out?". I guess ill go home at lunch and cover the window and see what all was stolen. #$^% *&@! @$*% is all i can say right now.

BMW_Hatchback
02-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Hopefully its just some local kids throwing snowballs or slushballs and nothing extensive

Platanos
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
So it just happened today? Hopefully nothing was stolen.

ti-billy
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
well i just got back from lunch, and ya they broke my pass side window, stole my alpine head unit, busted my dash, cut about half my dash wiring, and stole the top bezel of the center console (i guess because of the change in it). however they didn't steal my subs or amp. fixing to get on CL and look for my radio. just really pisses me off!!!! and it happened in broad daylight in my driveway between 7:45 and 9 o'clock this morning

BMW_Hatchback
02-23-2011, 08:35 PM
ugh, people steal the dumbest stuff. This isn't 2001 when a typical radio is worth $300+. You can get a decent head unit for under a hundred dollars these days. Sad part is, it'll cost you more than the radio to compensate for the damages. No wonder some people leave their cars unlocked purposefully

slow_ti
02-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Wow. That is effed upp. Big time. I hope that person gets what they deserve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxxJohnBoyxxx
02-23-2011, 09:08 PM
well i just got back from lunch, and ya they broke my pass side window, stole my alpine head unit, busted my dash, cut about half my dash wiring, and stole the top bezel of the center console (i guess because of the change in it). however they didn't steal my subs or amp. fixing to get on CL and look for my radio. just really pisses me off!!!! and it happened in broad daylight in my driveway between 7:45 and 9 o'clock this morning

Dude a swear I just had a bad dream about this but they tore half my rear off my car to remove my subs. I woke up so pissed off.

I'm really upset for you and that is totall Bull$hit. I would ask around if someone saw something.

I would be so mad right now...

Sorry man, John Smith

cooljess76
02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
They'll be back for the subs within the week. Here's what you need to do:

1) Get a soda or beer can

2) Put a handful of pennies in it

3) Tie a long piece of fishing line to the can

4) Leave the can on top of a table or something and near a window or somewhere inside the house where you can hear it if it falls

5) Take the other end of the fishing line and attach it somewhere on the sub or amp where it can't be seen

6) Camoflauge the line with leaves or snow as not to raise suspicion

7) Plan an indirect route outside around the house to where the car is parked(do this so you can sneak out without the thieves seeing any lights come on or shadows from inside the house)

8) Keep a baseball bat near your point of exit

9) Wait for that can to drop:wink:

xxxJohnBoyxxx
02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
^^^Jess forgot the gun. This is 2011 and you need to bring a gun out. Just be careful I don't want you bringing a bat to a gun fight. Hold them at gun point if they don't have a gun, make them strip butt naked untill the cop arrive. If they have a gun and there is any aggression you are fearing for your life and shoot to kill. Remember, You are fearing for your life

slow_ti
02-23-2011, 10:38 PM
^^^Jess forgot the gun. This is 2011 and you need to bring a gun out. Just be careful I don't want you bringing a bat to a gun fight. Hold them at gun point if they don't have a gun, make them strip butt naked untill the cop arrive. If they have a gun and there is any aggression you are fearing for your life and shoot to kill. Remember, You are fearing for your life

Bad ass haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooljess76
02-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Good point. Personally I'd just take/use theirs, however I don't recommend anyone trying this unless you know exactly what you're doing. The day someone points a gun at me will be the last time they'll ever point anything at anyone.

pdxmotorhead
02-23-2011, 11:27 PM
There is not a single state in the US where you can use lethal force to protect property and not get A** raped in court. If you exit your house to confront you are NOT in fear for life.

Now if they were trying to car jack you in the driveway that's a different story. LOL

Your demonstrating why I quit putting stereo equipment of any value in cars years ago.

Once you own a convertible it changes everything... :)

Dave

ti-billy
02-23-2011, 11:48 PM
@cooljess76 - that's a good idea! but i removed anything of value out of the car when i was there at lunch, well except the wheels of course, but i got locking studs on them

pdxmotorhead
02-23-2011, 11:51 PM
:) Locking lug removal tool - Harbor freight impact socket and a hammer, drive it on over the lug then remove... Two wacks with the hammer.

Used to work in a garage and folks losing their lug keys was pretty common....

Dave

cooljess76
02-24-2011, 12:09 AM
FWIW, my neighborhood had a bunch of break-ins last summer while the kids were out of school. They were going down the street setting off car alarms to see who would come out, then they'd come back later and hit the cars that they thought weren't risky or didn't have alarms. This went on for a couple days before I finally caught wind of what was going on. One night I heard a couple alarms go off on the bottom street, so I sat in the back seat of my truck(tinted windows) and waited for almost two hours. Just as I was about to give up and call it a night, they came strolling up my street peeking into car windows. One of them looked inside of my truck but didn't see me in the back seat. As soon as I jumped out, they booked. I recognized them as friends of a kid who lives two houses down. So the next day, I went down and talked to his dad, a pretty good friend of mine. A couple days later he told me that they got busted along with his son. Haven't seen them since.

cooljess76
02-24-2011, 12:18 AM
@cooljess76 - that's a good idea! but i removed anything of value out of the car when i was there at lunch, well except the wheels of course, but i got locking studs on them

I'm sure you could find a cheap or broken amp laying around somewhere to bait them with. Leave your hatch unlocked with the amp and/or sub box in plain view. Remove the parcel shelf if you have one so they could see inside. I'm sure they noticed the amp wires when they removed the headunit. Was your rear seat tampered with or did it look like they might have looked in the cargo area? These guys are coming back, I could almost gaurantee you that.

tiFreak
02-24-2011, 02:04 AM
that sucks, hopefully they've been making a habit of this, only a matter of time before they get busted