PDA

View Full Version : TI race parts

m black
03-21-2011, 11:46 PM
have a look on there forum they have exhausts chips, brakes all for the TI http://www.bmwracedays.co.uk/ might be worth joining to get the drivers deal could save a few quid. :biggrin:

pi4ovete_84
03-22-2011, 02:01 AM
I want that rear spoiler;)

cooljess76
03-22-2011, 02:13 AM
I want that rear spoiler;)

:confused:

pi4ovete_84
03-22-2011, 09:15 AM
:confused:

What? It looks really nice:cool: Might need to upgrade to a m3 front,though.

cooljess76
03-22-2011, 09:27 AM
What? It looks really nice:cool: Might need to upgrade to a m3 front,though.
I searched that whole site and didn't see a single ti part for sale or even pictured for that matter. No rear spoilers either??? Care to share whatever it is you're smoking with the rest of us?

pi4ovete_84
03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
:))) http://www.bmwracedays.co.uk/forum/discussion/14/cup-parts-prices
Unfortunately I quit smoking, just drinking:)
May be this guy can give us lower price on a group buy. I haven't seen such a nice spoiler. The pic is on the home page, the race ti.

cooljess76
03-22-2011, 10:03 AM
ahhh, the forum:wink:

m black
03-22-2011, 01:04 PM
ahhh, the forum:wink:

Sorry its all in the forum its a brand new race series just for the TI and there is a lot of development work going in to the cars , i think its a good opertunaty for a big company to do the hard work for all the TI gang to take some off the benifits.
There will be a lot of pics going on the site in the next few days all from the donington press day.

mohaughn
03-22-2011, 05:26 PM
This is a much better thread with pictures and details of what type of testing they are doing on the first car.

I'm not sure how good a lot of these mods will be on the street as they are designed to fit perfectly within the rules of this series.

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f151/endtuning-and-the-bmw-compact-cup-t72085/

1996 328ti
03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice to see some interest in our little bobtails.

mohaughn
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah, it looks like they are trying to build a low cost entry level race group using the Ti. Unfortunately, I think they shot themselves in the foot with the rules. They allow a good amount of engine modifications which will drive up the cost to be competitive. It is kind of strange to me they are using a standard DME/Tune, but allow a wide variety of engine mods.

If they are doing a standard tune, the should have done a stock motor rule. Keeps the cost down and makes the racing much better. As it is now, the people who are willing to plunk down the money on building a motor will win.

I guess they may have a need for that type of group in the UK, but it would never work here unfortunately. To many other groups that already overlap, and most people are going to go to Spec E30 or Spec miata where there is better cost containment in the rules.

DaveKern
03-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Compact Cup rally cars have been going on for quite a while & that's what got me hot on the idea...well, that & Toni Gardermeister tossing an M3 around in the woods.

BTW, I may be looking to bring a full body kit over soon...just need some sponsor help or a healthy discount to make it happen.

Dave

32styledTI
04-05-2011, 01:34 AM
thats amazing..