08-18-2004, 04:49 AM
For those who are interested,

http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244490

2ndBimmer
08-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Nice :icon_pist

ddiorio1313
08-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Those are sweet pics! I like the black hood...Is it real carbon fiber? Also...I was thinking about painting the top half of my car black and the bottom red, or maybe vice versa...do you think that would look sweet....?

schussey
08-19-2004, 07:25 PM
WOW! Looks great!

clex2
08-20-2004, 04:46 AM
ddiorio1313: It is indeed a real carbon fiber hood. It weighs something like 12 lbs. Much lighter than the factory hood at 50lbs. Sometimes I wish the hood was red like the rest of the car. It looks a little "flashy" or " ghetto" depending on how you look at it. Only when you are up close and you see the beautiful weave, then I love it, but from far away, it looks like it could be a black primered hood from the junk yard. It's only nice to people who understand carbon fiber. It attracts attention, and makes the car less of a "sleeper". The hood was replaced when someone backed into the hood and dented the front nose panel and front lip of the hood. As far as painting the top of the car black, I've seen it in an import tuner magazine where they did an entire real carbon fiber overlay of the top of the car (240sx). I think for that car it was nice, but I don't know if it will look good on a ti or any BMW for that matter. Maybe this is going to be the next tuner craze. But if you like it, that's what matters I guess.

ddiorio1313
08-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Clex2: Yeah I saw the two tone paint job on a TV show I was watching about some guy that is "Super Designer Man"! They were overhaulng a small lexus and dropping in 8 cylinder endine in it. They were doing for some big wig at Lexus USA. ANyways it was a small lexus and when it was all done it looked sweet. I was thinking that it could possibly look cool on a ti. Maybe I will do some photoshop work and see what I can come up with... Oh yah I like the carbon fiber hood, definitely not ghetto...but I could see how some people may think that.

96cali
08-20-2004, 07:22 PM
I assume you can paint over the Carbon Fiber to make it red. How about the idea of leaving a smaller portion of the hood CF? I think I have seen detail elements of hood intakes on Mustangs where it was masked off to show through after painting. Don't get me wrong your car is lookin tight, but if your up for a change of look...

Lately I've been noticing how good the Motorsport wheels look on our Ti's...dang!!

ddiorio1313
08-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Yah it might look cool to leave part carbon and other painted over. Maybe leave the power dome carbon and paint the rest.....! Might look sweet...

ddiorio1313
08-20-2004, 07:57 PM
I lokked at your pics again and I think that maybe it would cool if you smoked the clear lenses....they wouldn't stand out so much against the black hood and red body...plus have you ever noticed how they call them clear, but really they are white? Maybe it is just the backing behind the lenses. I did see some true clear lenses with colored bulbs and those looked sweet!

tborr2
08-30-2004, 06:51 AM
the car is lookin sweet!!!! check out mine, we could almost be twins http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=32&sort=1&cat=500&page=1