PDA

View Full Version : Everything going OK?

1996 328ti
07-14-2011, 11:53 PM
This forum is running so smooth. I don't mean the software or hardware, I mean the community.

Kind of eerie. No drama. Very few PMs pointing something to me.

I just want to thank everyone here. Really.

Some of you know I work for the BMW CCA and what made me think how grateful I am to this forum is that my latest job is to compile SIG renewal applications for the club. Each year people send their application in with a note. No longer own x model car. No longer own a BMW. And I'm thinking, what about the resource of information that they had a passion for? One day you no longer own a BMW and you abandon everyone? I couldn't even imagine. Even if I didn't have a ti or had to give up the forum, I could never see this forum disappearing off the internet.

I know people appreciate what we have here.
People come and go but the community never changes.

Thanks! No really, Thank you all. :(
Nothing brings me more pleasure than to see members helping members.

zoner
07-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks, Steven!

Similarly, we all appreciate the time, money, and effort you continue to put into this website and the service and resources that it provides for us ti owners.

For those that aren't already, do consider becoming a site supporter- I have more than received my money's worth in time saved alone by not having to search all over the internet for the answers to: "What size is ___ bolt"; "What is the trick to removing ___"; "Has anyone tried ___"; etc. Not to mention that is allows me to share my 25+ years of successes, failures, and experiences with automobiles.

With gratitude,
Jerry

lazoh
07-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Thank you Steve!! This is our home and even if I don't have a ti in the future, I will still be here. In any case I will never give up my ti and that way not have a reason not to frequest my home!!!

Thanks again Steve and I agree with zoner, become a supporting member. It is needed to keep the site going and we spend more money on other things that are not as resourceful as 318ti.org

dahamler
07-15-2011, 01:16 AM
This is a unique community and the reason I think it runs so well is because of the 318ti. You really have to be a certain type of person to own a vehicle like this. I have owned dozens of cars and spent over a hundred thousand dollars on various projects and no of them gave me the overall satisfaction of the 318ti.

Before I never had owned a car longer and two years but I've owned my red 332ti since 2005. I dare anyone to find another car that can so competitive and rewarding. This car has complemented every stage of my development as a BMW mechanic and driver.

When the car was stock I learned the basics of vehicle control and preventative maintenance while having a reliable and fuel efficient car to drive. As my driving skills progressed I added suspension bits and learned how to install them. When I was ready for more power the TI again lent itself to an easy and inexpensive engine swap.

What other car can you increase the HP by over 80% without purchasing custom mounts or harnesses. I usually grow tired of my projects or feel that they aren't competitive with many of the newer vehicles on the road, but not in my 332ti.

I challenge anyone to find a vehicle that can achieve all of these things for the same price (around 10K). EG Honda with a K20 swap, nope; 240sx with a sr20det, sorry.

Before I built my 332ti I owned a E46 M3. After I built my 332ti I sold a E46 M3. I don't miss the car because I pass ones just like all the time on the track!

Happy Motoring!!:smile:

1996 328ti
07-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Similarly, we all appreciate the time, money, and effort you continue to put into this website and the service and resources that it provides for us ti owners. Thanks, but that's not why I wrote what I did. ;)
Between support and ads, bills are covered and I'm able to get some driving schools in during the year.
Hell, I send decals to anyone who asks. One day I hope to be driving and see another ti with a decal on it. :)

xxxJohnBoyxxx
07-15-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm sorry, I know I'm one of those that causes some friction, even though that is not my goal. I bet some of it has to do with summer and no one has cabin fever so everyone is happy and there is lots of love in the community now. Thanks for putting up with me, I do enjoy being a member of your site.

John S

dahamler
07-15-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry, I know I'm one of those that causes some friction, even though that is not my goal. I bet some of it has to do with summer and no one has cabin fever so everyone is happy and there is lots of love in the community now. Thanks for putting up with me, I do enjoy being a member of your site.

John S

Friction is good. This forum wouldn't be as fun if we didn't have some heated discussions.

1996 328ti
07-15-2011, 02:17 AM

John SYou? You never met Hugo. Where is that guy? :biggrin:

xxxJohnBoyxxx
07-15-2011, 02:42 AM
You? You never met Hugo. Where is that guy? :biggrin:

Just asked him about his HP in the induction forum during his attempt to sell his car in a DASC group buy thread.:biggrin:

Still I don't like to be a trouble maker just have strong views at times.

slow_ti
07-15-2011, 03:16 AM
lol, thanks for everything! i love this forum, although. sometimes it doesnt seem as active sometimes which i dont like haha.

dhong089
07-15-2011, 04:21 AM
Where would I be without this forum? No where as far as I am now.

90% of automotive related knowledge, I learned right here on this forum. And I totally agree with dahalmer: you definitely have to be a certain type of person to own this car. And because we do own one, that makes us all so cool in a way : )

I mean, I get plenty of weird looks about my car. Many think it's odd that I own this car. But that's what makes this car so cool. So many think it's weird with the oddly shaped butt, but yet people like us just love it. I certainly do.

Sometimes, the forum seems quiet, but whenever I post a question, I get numerous amounts of extremely helpful/insightful/detailed help. I visit this forum so much that it's in my "most visited" tabs on my google chrome browser :biggrin:

Thanks for everything guys, and here's to the future~

StealthBimmer
07-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Steven,

Thank you for all your hard work on this site fro all of us 318ti owners to enjoy! This is one of the forum that I like the most due to friendly and helpful members. I've have met some good friends through this forum and shared our passion for owning a great little bimmer the 318ti. It's always fun when people ask me about the ti. Love to see their expression checking out the car. We are a rare breed I guess. Always so sad to see another 318ti gets totaled making less of them around in this world. So keep up the good work on this site and the members will continue to learn/love our 318ti more. This will in time help them enjoy and keep their ti longer or even forever! :)

I am happy to have seen Dan's 332ti starting its new life from the beginning!

cooljess76
07-15-2011, 06:07 AM
I like to think it's more than just the car. Sure without the car, this site wouldn't exist, but as Steven and JohnBoy mentioned, many of us don't even own ti's. The fact that those people stick around and offer knowledge really says something. You see, the car is merely a catalyst. It's the people that make this site what it is. It's obvious that we all share a passion for cars, but what makes this site truly special is our passion for helping other members.

Being a supporter is more than just a ten dollar donation to me. If there were a "Lifetime Member" option, I'd most certainly subscribe. For me, being a "supporter" means staying up until 4 in the morning to help some guy on the east coast get his car troubles sorted out. It means giving my phone number out and talking someone through a cooling system bleed. For all this site has done for me, I feel it's the least I could do in return. But that's just me though. I can be opinionated and moody at times, heck I'm no different than anyone else.

This site has done well on the honor system. Nothing is owed here. The drama that is tolerated on other forums isn't as common here simply because people respect the freedoms that Steven has given us. It's a pleasure to read what you all have to say and I'm sincerely privileged to call you guys friends. Thank YOU Steven!

BimmerBum
07-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Thanks Steven, this is the only forum I make the time for on a regluar basis.

Steven does not do this for the money and to me that makes all the difference in the world, I can post as myself without paying 200-300 a month (yes, that's what other forums charge... think about that when you click on a sponsor page or read a post about a non-supporting vendor). I do sell BMW parts for a living but I was a BMW fanatic first and I still am. This forum keeps my mind on my ti projects and provides for the free-flow of great info, great members, and great ideas!

tiFreak
07-16-2011, 01:21 AM
This is by far my favorite forum. other then the occasional e-thugging, which I've admittedly done a couple times in the past, the community is great.

I also love how the forum is active enough to give me plenty to read every day, but not so much that a lot threads get buried and forgotten soon after they're posted

1996 328ti
07-16-2011, 03:09 AM
I also love how the forum is active enough to give me plenty to read every day, but not so much that a lot threads get buried and forgotten soon after they're postedI'm going to try to make the BMW CCA forum a fun place to visit too.