PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Cover with SUBWOOFER vibrates?

Silver00spike
09-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Who here has a trunk cover thing and a subwoofer? I have a Kicker S10L7 fed by 400 watts, and I was wondering if I should expect vibration, or loss of sound quality

bimmerboi318
09-02-2004, 06:47 PM
i used to have 2 JL audio 12W0s in my trunk powered by only 200 watts and the whole rear of the car vibrated and rattled. i didnt notice much from the packaging shelf, but the hatch itself would make ungodly rattling noise. i ditched those subs immediately and resorted to a custom 10" enclosure which works nicely for me. if you are going to have serious bass and dont want to sound like you're car is falling apart...i highly suggest dynomatt or equivalent.

robcarync
09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
i have 2 10" inifinity subs...running on 311 watt amp...if the gain on the amp is all the way up, it rattles like crazy and sounds like your car is falling apart. i have my gain at about 1/3 or so and it works nicely...you can feel it bump a bit...but its not ungodly like a lot of rattling

also, a lot depends on the music...i can have my gain all the way up while rocking out to kenney chesney and it fine...but if you are gangsta blastin to some gangsta rap, the car will shake like crazy and you will have to adjust the amp gain or sub control via your cd head unit (if you have that on your head unit)

318tibimmer
09-06-2004, 06:48 PM
I have 2 JL 12W0 running on a Directed 600d AMP - I can get mine so loud you can't hear any rattling but that is not the way hehe. I took out my cover because it was rattling and the retainers are messed up from the guy that owned it before me. you do have to one in a while adjust the gate latch and make it tight agian. I would say check it once a year or so. the only other thing that I have rattle is the 2 back wing windows. If you get an allen wrench you can tighten those up to.

Tyler
09-07-2004, 05:03 PM
I have a Rockford Fosgate 12" Punch and a Mtx Thunder amp pushing out about 400 watts and i don't have any problem with any rattling. But i don't have my gain turned up all the way either. If you r having this problem try using dynamat. I believe they sell it on www.crutchfield.com, it comes in sheets.

Silver00spike
12-16-2004, 04:44 AM
The lock for my trunk vibrates, the part where you ut your key into. Is there anything I can do about it?

DustenT
01-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I have 3 rockford 10" HE2's in my hatch. I have a 1800 watt RMS amp at 1/2 gain. I can't hear anything but bass when I turn it up, which isn't very often. The subs are in place for "functional rear-end weight" while I drive in the snow. Much more fun than sand bags.

When the subs hit a low note (~25 htz.) the entire roof and hatch shake like an earthquake.

seala8
02-12-2005, 07:03 PM
i have a 12" alpine type X 1000 rms w/ audiobahn a8000t- 800 rms @ 2ohms.unless i turn it up it doesnt usually vibrate that much..however wen the low notes hit the glass/top of hte brake light thing vibrates alot wit the trunk lock

dodj
03-21-2005, 12:09 AM
The lock for my trunk vibrates, the part where you ut your key into. Is there anything I can do about it?

i have found the same problem, it is not the trunk lock in mine but the plastic bit on the inside of the boot where the lock is...

i will put some foam or something in there and that will fix the problem easily, just haven't got around to doing it.