PDA

View Full Version : M3 Shifter Measurment Questions

GDB
09-07-2004, 11:50 PM
I recently got a shifter that I thought was from an M3 so swap into my ti. But once I got everything pulled apart I realized that the two shifters were the same (atleast as far as I could tell without actually removing the lever that was already in the car). So I was wondering if someone could tell me how and where the M3 shifter differs from the stock ti shifter and what exactly are these differences. Thanks.

-Matt

brucelee
09-08-2004, 03:11 PM
The difference is down below in the shift lever arms. You can't see it unless you had the old one out of the car.

GDB
09-08-2004, 06:22 PM
So is the lower part of the shifter longer?

brucelee
09-09-2004, 12:25 AM
I believe so. I did not do my own but the lever arms should be longer on the M3 vs the stock linkage.

ClubSport
09-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah, the part below the pivot ball is at least twice as long on the M3 shifter.

grail
09-25-2004, 03:27 PM
had this done with my ti yesterday but unfortunately it didn't fit properly.the propshaft dampening cover was rubbing with selector rod.it was very difficlut to shift with it though the throw was really short.if you want to continue with it you have to eother the selector rod or the shifter itself.
as for me i'll stick to my stock shifter--smooth and easy.