PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Water leaking from Auto Tranmission

anthony318ti
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
YEsterday i heard a pop and saw steam coming out from under the car, after checking everything i found that there is watter running out of the transmission. is there any correction of the automatic transmission for my 1997 E36 318ti? Seals etc? any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

familytruckster
12-03-2011, 11:20 PM
There is not any coolant that goes to the transmission.

It's most likely the plastic fitting on the back of the cylinder head. (It's a very common issue there is a faq on the cooling system failures) Don't drive it or run it at all- these cars blow head gaskets very easily.

http://318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16068

trikzta
12-03-2011, 11:34 PM
had the same encounter with smoke from under the car and it was the fitting behind the head took me around 15-20mins to replace very easy

anthony318ti
12-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Thanks guys sorry i may have not been good at explaining. It only ran to about 3/4 on the temp that was on my short drive home parked it since just filled up the coolant to locate the leak. Would you say that i may or could have busted my head gasket having my temp go to 3/4 for about minutes while driving it back? Im in Fiji and the dealer does not stock this and i always have to order is there any suppliers that ship to the PACIFIC / FIJI ?