PDA

View Full Version : TMM Suggestion: Cooling subforum? Yes, No?

BMW_Hatchback
12-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Figured it might make sense since the E36 cooling system is notorious for failing in so many different ways... what do you guys think? Could be a good way to gather up a lot of info and put it into an exclusive place

tiFreak
12-04-2011, 06:50 AM
that would make sense to me, it would make it easier to search without having to wade through so many unrelated threads

spidertri
12-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah, sub forum would be good with a bunch of stickies to the common threads we recommend. Cirrus' rebuild, Jesse's bleed procedure, the plastic parts thread, etc.

urbanmisfit
12-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Good idea!
I just did a major overhaul on my cooling system; EVERYTHING except the heater core but I got a bit carried away and replaced all the hard-to-get-to sensors as well.
I was going to "fix" the harness too; especially lengthen the alt. wiring but didn't get a used harness in time.
Next is to figure out how to get a screen behind the DISA so when it blows up it won't destroy the head or something like that....
there's lots of things to do on that side of the engine as well; that sensor harness can be re-routed, throttle cable support slotted, and removing the valve cover makes it a lot easier to get the rear plastic fitting off, et, etc