PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Radio???

lpvaldez
09-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Hi I Own A 318ti 1995 Wich The Radio Coded Itself After Buying It When I Ran Out Of Battery. Someone In A Website Gave Me A Code But The Problem Is That I Dont Know How To Imput It Since He Said Lines Like _ _ _ _ Should Appear To Input The Code But I Only Get The Code Word Can Someone Instruct Me On How To Input The Code And If The Code Its Not Right Where Can I Get A Code Besides The Dealler. Thanks

Luis

robcarync
09-26-2004, 10:39 PM
i have a 1995 318ti as well...i think mine said the worde 'Code...' or something like that...the code is specific for your car i think...check the owners manual...my manual had about 3 little business card type things with the code printed on it...and then you have to enter the code 3 times in a row if i remember correctly.

so if you dont have the card with your code on it, you may have to call up the dealer and give them your VIN number and see what they can do.

lpvaldez
09-30-2004, 03:23 AM
:_peace: Hey thanks i got the code now the dealer charged me 13 dollars and ga ve me the code and by the way when you input the code make sure you leave the key on for an hour and the turn it off everything and input the code and it will work good luck

mikep
09-30-2004, 05:22 PM
I would like to remove the battery cables to clean the connections. Is there any way to do this without "coded" the radio?

I just bought my 95 ti and I don't have a owner's (on order) nor service manual (need to order).

I am also hoping that cleaning the battery connections may improve the shifting characteristics that I have been experincing on the upshifts (engine rev up approx 1000 rpm before completing the upshift). I am hoping that the dirty connections may be causing a low voltage at the transmission computer.

r/ Mike
95 ti, A/T, 88,000 mi

lpvaldez
09-30-2004, 06:08 PM
The only way i can think of it its maybe turn on the car and disconect the battery since your alternator will be running you wont loose power but all this be carefull not to shock yourself or to cause a short on the car acording to manuals this is a good way to test alternator so the car wont turn off.
Good luck and remember be carefull and try consulting this with a mechanic before doing it just for advise..

:pistols:

aceyx
10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
the code is specific to the radio itself. take it in to any dealer--they can remove it, look up the serial in the computer and get your code for you. my home dealer did it for free, but i've got a good rep with them. expect $10-15 otherwise.

as for the tranny problems, i kind of doubt that it's a voltage problem . . . might be something with the synchros. does it happen in all gears?

take a look at your battery connections; light corrosion doesn't mean much, and if they're clean it's not a problem. if you do decide this is what you need to do, cover the terminals in petroleum jelly to prevent future oxidation.

twomato
09-07-2005, 06:44 PM
i have a 1995 318ti as well...i think mine said the worde 'Code...' or something like that...the code is specific for your car i think...check the owners manual...my manual had about 3 little business card type things with the code printed on it...and then you have to enter the code 3 times in a row if i remember correctly.

so if you dont have the card with your code on it, you may have to call up the dealer and give them your VIN number and see what they can do.

Mr. Rob,
Dead battery caused my CODE. I actually have the code ##### and I am unable to reset. Are you saying that I need to enter the code three (3) times in a row? I am getting a beep once I enter the code the first time.
Thanks, Mr. Mark

aceyx
09-07-2005, 11:25 PM
you only need to enter the code once. after the beep, it should work. if not, you have the wrong code.

if you enter the code incorrectly three times, you have to wait 30-60 mins to try and enter the correct code.

twomato
09-08-2005, 01:30 PM
you only need to enter the code once. after the beep, it should work. if not, you have the wrong code.

if you enter the code incorrectly three times, you have to wait 30-60 mins to try and enter the correct code.

You were correct. Unknown to me, the radio had been replaced. Called the local dealer (KNAUZ BMW) and they gave the code n/c. Back in action. Thanks for your reply.