PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Antenna/Antenna Module

UberWagen
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Anybody have one? Got shafted on the last one I tried to buy-_-. Looking to buy both the antenna itself with the module it screws into because the threads broke off with the antenna on my car. I have a new grommet.

hotmilk400
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey, i have one.

Just took it off of my car. looks a little corroded but you could sand it (i would for you, but i am away from home and only have the antenna and no sandpaper. haha)

i also have the cable that runs from radio to trunk and a new grommet for it.

Shoot me a PM with an offer. 1 - 3 day shipping should only be $5, so plan on that.

UberWagen
01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
What do you mean it looks a little corroded? It's a plastic covered antenna. Is there just surface corrosion on the outside of the module or something? I don't need the cable or grommet, just the antenna and module. Sure it works?

hotmilk400
01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
the corrosion is on the connector. where the wire connects to the unit. that threaded area.

I took it off of my car, and it worked when i took it off. i never use the radio and i swaped it for an aftermarket antenna that uses a metal gourmet instead of rubber. (it is underpowered though, so not as good)

the wire is from a parts car (where the aftermarket antenna was)

Groumet is just new, i never replaced the one on my car.

Are you sure yours is broken? do you have an aftermarket radio? did it ever work since you got the car?

UberWagen
01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Factory radio. I've pretty much tried to keep everything stock, save suspension. Everything worked. I got out of class one day, came out to my car and it looked like somebody came by and knocked my antenna off with a bag, taking the threaded part from the module with it, and just propped it up. I was driving down the highway coming home and my girlfriend that was driving behind said she saw it fall off somewhere. Radio still works, I still get a signal, but it's really weak not having the antenna. Shooting you a PM.:cool:

jiggerjosh
01-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Did you ever find an antenna base? If not i have two or three i would like to sell.

UberWagen
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I bought one from hotmilk up there. Thanks though!