PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for another year

1996 328ti
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Out of the 3 forums I oversee [for the lack of a better word], this group purrs like a kitten.
I really appreciate the sense of community we have.

From the first post back in April 2001.
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2167
Gee, I wonder if he's still waiting for an answer? :)
to now.

We started out with UBB until it was hacked.
Then phpBB in 2001.
vBulletin in 2004 until now.

Members self moderate.
Except for the occasional sale that goes bad, I rarely need to get involved.
What a joy it is to administer this site.

Are there any features you would like to see?

Thank you all.

3.2TI
01-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Here is to the awesome site that made it all possible.....

To the admin who provides his personal time to keep the dream alive.

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/b/beer_toast-912.jpg

1996 328ti
01-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Here is to the awesome site that made it all possible.....

To the admin who provides his personal time to keep the dream alive.

Thanks, but what is so cool is that I can go away for a week and the forum continues. It is built on a solid foundation of enthusiasts.

I owe a lot to CoolJess too. :smile:

Platanos
01-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Here's to a great site with awesome people!!! I enjoy coming here almost everyday, multiple times a day, just to see what everyone is up to. It's like brushing my teeth, It feels so good.

Thanks for the stickers Steve, I wasn't expecting them! A great gesture!!

And yes, it's great to have members like Jess, so helpful and knowledgeable. And he takes the time to explain things! I remember DustenT (I think that's how he spelled it) was a great member too. And of course they are many others how provide us with their expertise and services. GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE HERE!!

Ok, I kissed enough ass, I need to go brush my teeth.

1996 328ti
01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Ok, I kissed enough ass, I need to go brush my teeth.Be sure to floss and use mouthwash. :)

tiFreak
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I like the forum the way it is now, I really wish the garage feature was more user friendly though, I've just stopped updating mine because it always takes so long to add modifications

Mr.Squeelerz
01-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I like how steady and drama-free it's been over the years. Great group of enthusiasts.

1996 328ti
01-15-2012, 11:29 PM
I like how steady and drama-free it's been over the years. Great group of enthusiasts.Wasn't always like that. :)

geetarspaz
01-16-2012, 12:04 AM
possible features off the top of my head

community live group chat sort of thing
better photo &! video album displaying on profile
for sale car and for sale parts separate sections

cooljess76
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
You guys are making me blush:redface:

Seriously though, it's the helpful and friendly nature of our members that makes this community so wonderful. EVERYONE here takes time to offer advice, share their experiences and make new members feel welcome.

Thank YOU Steven and thank everyone else who has made this site what it is today!

BTW, I find the forum extremely simple to navigate through. I created a shortcut on my desktop to "Today's Post" under the "quick links" drop down and that's how I stay current. I like how streamlined the forum is and like you said, it self-moderates.

1996 328ti
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM
possible features off the top of my head

community live group chat sort of thing
better photo &! video album displaying on profile
for sale car and for sale parts separate sectionsWe had a chat thing once before. Very under utilized and prone security risks. If people were interested in it, I'd look into it again. Maybe have specific times to have the chat open would be better.

Any examples regarding photos and video.

Easy enough to split the for sale section.
We really don't have that much activity but if members think it would be better, I have no problem with it.

cooljess76
01-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I've given my phone number out to several members, so I'm constantly returning texts, emails and calls as well as PM's. My Aunt thinks I'm running a 24hr 318ti hotline, lol.

geetarspaz
01-16-2012, 12:50 AM
I was just shooting whatever out ;)

The sites great honestly. I'm on the mobile tapatalk most of the time anyway ;)

1996 328ti
01-16-2012, 12:55 AM
I've given my phone number out to several members, so I'm constantly returning texts, emails and calls as well as PM's. My Aunt thinks I'm running a 24hr 318ti hotline, lol.You're not?

teetime4one
01-16-2012, 12:58 AM
I missed this forum every single day for 39 months. i couldn't wait to get back to my friends and talk cars...and here you are. there have been very few meaningful people in my life besides Cindy Lou...yet, everyone on the Org has made me feel right at home and gave me the desire to push through my hardships.
i come to this forum between 10-20 times a day...i've done this since signing up back in 2007. not a lot has changed...which is cozy like a nice pair of PJ's. i miss some of the old members. i really like the new ones. it's a great place for me to be.
thanks Steven!

milehigh96caliti
01-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Ditto...I don't think there is any other place I could have found the support I needed when Sean went to the big house...it was so comforting to not be judged like so many other people have...thank you and a big hug! :hug:

2Ti
01-16-2012, 04:02 AM
A hearty thank you to the forum, the moderators, and all the knowledgeable people who take the time to add their know-how to the site. Saved my hide a few times; search features are great so I haven't yet asked questions that have been asked and answered before. This site is always a pleasure.

BimmerBum
01-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Many thanks to the Steven and the great group of people that make up this forum.

wolferj-RIP
01-16-2012, 07:19 AM
My day is not complete without a visit to this place. Thanks to Steven for keeping it like family, and for all the great people who make up this family, of which I am honored to be a part of.

Thank you.

rochey6957
01-24-2012, 01:32 AM
i think if you added a new section for people who are rebuilding after accidents would be a neat addition.

other than that... I love it here! im honestly on this at least three times a day.

thank you very much sir!!