PDA

View Full Version : just got a 318ti and problem........help please

adamvr619
01-26-2012, 07:41 PM
hey guys just wondering if you could help

when i press/depress the clutch it kind of judders but the clutch doesnt slip at high rpm or anything so unsure what it is also when i lift the handbrake the drivers side back end seems to drop but the passengers doesnt and its a bit lumpy at idle.....................cheers in advance for your help

adamvr619
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
oh and its a 1994(M) if that helps

familytruckster
01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
motor/trans mounts, flywheel needs resurfacing, broken spring, bad shocks, broken shock mount, bad parking brake cable, bad parking brake shoes, parking brake adjusters not working..

Lumpy idle is kinda common. Not the smoothest. However could be, plugs, wires, vacuum leak, motor mounts, CCV, etc....

zoner
01-26-2012, 10:29 PM
If only one side is dropping when the parking brake is engaged (I'm assuming that you're rolling forward slightly as you're doing this), the side that isn't dropping isn't engaging. It's either way out of adjustment, parking brake shoes/hardware on that side are completely worn out or not functioning correctly, or you have a busted cable on that side.

Put the rear in the air, engage the parking brake, and see if you can spin that wheel with your hand. If so, it's likely one, or more, of the aforementioned three things.