PDA

View Full Version : e30 m3 parts on a m44?

gooten1
10-14-2004, 02:33 PM
i know the old e30 m3's had 4bangers...could parts be taken off these to be put on the ti? would that serve any kind of good to take the throttle body or somethin... intake manifold? i was lookin at pics the other day and they looked similar 'cept for the manifold and some other stuff... just curious.

ClubSport
10-14-2004, 08:03 PM
I really don't think anything would fit. The two aren't even based on the same engine. The S14 is actually based off a 6 cyl, with 2 cut off. The things that would actually be beneficial, like cams, crank, or pistons, will definitely not fit.

TiPerformance
10-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Actually there was a M42 in the early 90's that had a different intake manifold it should fit, fit it will sit a little high causing hood closure problems, but you may be able to modift it to work.

gooten1
10-14-2004, 10:27 PM
S14 eh...

And the m42 with the different intake were some of the 95 models, i believe. I heard that somewhere...not sure how accurate it is, but just for discussion reasons...

Not sure if the m42 intake would work on the m44...I'm pretty sure they're routed differently and attach differently. Anyone know for certain?

GDB
10-14-2004, 10:36 PM
That reminds me, How's your M42 intake manifold swap going tiperformance? I remember you bought the parts, but I never heard anything since.

KIRASIR
10-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Let's just say it would be cheaper to put a euro M3 engine in your ti than S14. Just the oil sump alone is over 3k USD (IF you can even find it for sale!).

SL

i know the old e30 m3's had 4bangers...could parts be taken off these to be put on the ti? would that serve any kind of good to take the throttle body or somethin... intake manifold? i was lookin at pics the other day and they looked similar 'cept for the manifold and some other stuff... just curious.

TiPerformance
10-15-2004, 11:36 PM
That reminds me, How's your M42 intake manifold swap going tiperformance? I remember you bought the parts, but I never heard anything since.

Haven't toutched it since it is my daily driver and I am at school.