PDA

View Full Version : can i put a front mount intercooler with out a turbo or s/c?

kennasbimmer
10-20-2004, 08:56 PM
my original radiator went out today and i need a new one. But although i dont have a turbo or s/c i really like the look of an all alluminum front mount intercooler. where can i find one that would be suitable for the ti?
thanks

bimmerboi318
10-20-2004, 09:25 PM
There really isnt any reason to have an intercooler without having a turbo or supercharger. Since you're not compressing the air, it's not heating up significantly.

kennasbimmer
10-20-2004, 09:26 PM
well right. but if i was planning on adding a s/c later then could i buy an intercooler now because i need a new radiator anyways.

TiPerformance
10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
well right. but if i was planning on adding a s/c later then could i buy an intercooler now because i need a new radiator anyways.

Umm a Radiatior is not the same thing as an intercooler. You need a radiator, for your coolant system. I say wait till you get the S/C or turbo before you run out and buy a intercooler that will serve no purpose.

ClubSport
10-21-2004, 09:35 AM
These guys are right. Only air flows through an intercooler. It's only applicable to a turbo or supercharged car. You need a radiator to cool your coolant/antifreeze.

Jared
10-21-2004, 12:40 PM
However, you can get a interFooler... its an air intake that a bunch of ricey civics use... it looks like an intercooler so you too can look turbo... hahaha...

bimmerboi318
10-21-2004, 03:02 PM
And pretty much most turbo kits come with an intercooler. So, I'd wait until you get the turbo to install it since the car will be apart then anyways.

needle332rur
10-22-2004, 10:39 PM
if your intercooling a sc set up don't get DA. if you want a nice shinny look throught he front get a performance aluminium radiator that looks cool and might cool better than stock. but BMW does everything good stock.