PDA

View Full Version : Misc parts M44 for sale

stix217
07-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Hey guys...new to the forum (obviously). I bought a 318ti that I'll be swapping with an m52 pretty soon. I have no need for the m44 that's in the car right now, so I'll be selling it a.s.a.p. I don't know the going rate for an m44 that runs well, but shoot me an offer. You can have the auto tranny too, but it doesn't really work, so don't expect that it will. You'll have to pull the engine, but I'll be able to give you a hand. shoot me an email at stix 2 one 7 at g mail dot com.

thanks for looking.

Mr.Squeelerz
07-15-2012, 07:28 AM
You should put up the mileage.

It's gonna have to be pretty dang cheap if you're making the buyer yank the motor. Do you not have the means to do it, no time, or just rather someone else deal with it?

pred
07-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Danger !
If it were me yanking the engine I would bring my Torch and a few sets of cutters like they do at the Auto Salvage yard and have than engine in the back of my truck in an hour.:biggrin::big grin:
BUT I don't think you want that at all,
You may have to remove yourself (Engine and trans) as one unit,
After that I may be interested in some engine parts but not the entire engine.
PM me when you are ready to sell some parts.
Thanks and be wary about having someone pull your engine.
Peter

stix217
07-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys...yeh I guess I should pull it myself...this way I know nothing was damaged, and also learn a little about the car too.

I'd really like to sell the complete engine (other than things I'm going to keep for the swap), but if it sits around long enough and it starts taking up too much room, I may consider parting the engine/accessories. Whoever buys the engine can have the tranny...but it's not working properly and will need some work if planning to use it (the tranny that is...not the engine).

I'll post the mileage on here when I find the thread started by the PO...(I haven't taken delivery of the car yet).

Thanks again guys.

stix217
04-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Engine & tranny are pulled and ready to sell...any offers? It ran well before I pulled it...compression was low on one cylinder, but there was no evidence of coolant in the oil, so I may have done the test wrong (it was my first time).

I'd like to get about $350 for the setup(including any attached accessories)...I can help with delivery in the NJ area.

Thanks!