PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Bras??

moretbmw
10-26-2004, 03:59 AM
Does anyone know the scoop on the "invisible bras"?? I heard there's a company based out of Greenwich, CT that does this kind of thing....however I don't want to spend a fortune. My ti is black and I already see chips in the paint developing from normal everyday driving let alone the once-in-awhile track driving I do as well. I'd be really interested to know if anyone else has every tried to do this themselves or if you've gotten it proffesionally done at a shop. Thanks!! :)

sydeshow
10-26-2004, 05:26 AM
hehe. bras.

haha. sorry. it's late. and i haven't slept much lately.

2ndBimmer
10-26-2004, 01:32 PM
I've got BavAuto's 'invisible' headlight shields; there pretty much the same thing. They are pretty much invisible (unless you're really close up), and haven't faded/cracked/colored in the 1.5 years I've had them and only put a slight haze on the light. They are about... 2 or 3mm thick and looking at them, they have stopped some decent nicks.

I've thought about the full bra... not a bad idea. But applying the thing, I imagine, would be fairly difficult.

Mendi3
10-26-2004, 06:18 PM
It's an awesome thing to have. I got mine from a local window tinting shop. Check out in your area. I got mine for the front hood and mirrors for $180 installed. Make sure you bring your car clean and waxed before the installation. Also, make sure you get 3M brand. It's one of the best out there.

Good luck!

M98318ti
04-28-2005, 05:09 AM
I would recomend it but don't wax your car before you do it,they will have a hard time putting it on and they will then have to remove the wax i work for a detailing co. that does them and we put the kit on before we wax i am going to have mine done it is well worth it and they are hard to do. It takes us about 3-4 hrs depending on car and what you want done. Full kit is about 3-4 hrs Oh Ya make sure it is 3M

m-technik_ti
04-28-2005, 05:28 AM
www.umnitza.com offers automotive paint protection products (ie clear bras). For anyone with glass-lensed ellipsoids, i highly recommend the headlight protection. Its only a couple of bucks and well worth it. :)

bmwpwr
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I second what Mendi3 said. Ive got the samething for about the same price. Its awesome. You cant tell its on the car from 3 feet away. Up close all you see is a line where the film ends. It looks way better than a black leather bra.

motorwerk
05-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Anybody have any recommendations for both good pricing and good installation? I'm interested in having this done on my car...TIA...motorwerk

schussey
05-11-2005, 02:04 AM
if you do have this done, make sure you at least keep the front end waxed/detailed. Nothing worse than being able to see the invisi-bra on the front of a car.

-chris

nick_hegel
05-18-2005, 05:26 AM
hehe. bras.

haha. sorry. it's late. and i haven't slept much lately.

lmfao!! We can let it fly this time! But next time watch out :_punch: ! JK

jggonzalez
01-02-2012, 07:13 PM
I had one of these on my Mini Cooper. It was rated for 3 years, but six years later it looked great. Once I get Trixie fixed up, I plan to put one of these on. (Okay, I'll say it - Trixie needs a bra, but I'm letting her run around without one for now!)