PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco/Bay area Mechanic needed

Mazzio
09-01-2012, 10:11 AM
My car has a bad oil leak that needs to be diagnosed and fixed. It's a 1998 318ti. I am looking for a local independent or home-based mechanic who is more reasonably priced. Any recommendations? Are there any forum members in the Bay area who do side work on these cars? There are a few other things that I may want done on the car as well.

kalimot
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I go to Autorisen in Concord, CA. Pretty reasonable and competent, I do wish there's a forum member in the Bay Area who do side work so I could save a little more.

wolferj-RIP
09-10-2012, 08:54 PM
My car has a bad oil leak that needs to be diagnosed and fixed. It's a 1998 318ti. I am looking for a local independent or home-based mechanic who is more reasonably priced. Any recommendations? Are there any forum members in the Bay area who do side work on these cars? There are a few other things that I may want done on the car as well.

I go to Autorisen in Concord, CA. Pretty reasonable and competent, I do wish there's a forum member in the Bay Area who do side work so I could save a little more.

Milts Service Garage in Vallejo earns my recommendation. While they are not cheap, they are reasonable and do very good work.

There is a Bf.c member Tim (WTFgerman is his username there) is a home based mechanic in the north east bay area.

asado
10-03-2012, 06:37 AM
There is a Bf.c member Tim (WTFgerman is his username there) is a home based mechanic in the north east bay area.

Used him before, reasonably priced and does a good job.

jggonzalez
11-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Motorspeed West in San Jose, CA does a great job at a reasonable price. They specialize in BMWs - there's even an Isetta tucked into a corner of the shop.