PDA

View Full Version : non factory replacement parts

slade13
12-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Are the replacement parts makers Uro and Mtc any good? I see their stuff on ecstunings website and it's cheeper than the other stuff.

Mr.Squeelerz
12-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Look first at the warranties offered (if it's offered)..... usually they will be comparable across the brands but not always. Also, think about what parts you're replacing. If they are critical to your safety or to key components of your car, take that into account.

I've used some URO items with and without problems. No experience with MTC. Sometimes you get what you pay for. It's a Crapshoot.

adamb
12-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Look first at the warranties offered (if it's offered)..... usually they will be comparable across the brands but not always. Also, think about what parts you're replacing. If they are critical to your safety or to key components of your car, take that into account.

I've used some URO items with and without problems. No experience with MTC. Sometimes you get what you pay for. It's a Crapshoot.

+1

I recently replaced the water pipes on my engine with uro parts. The rear pipe on my M44 fit perfectly, the side pipe i had to modify a bit for a good fit.

spidertri
12-10-2012, 04:42 PM
URO and MTC are both Chinese brands.

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable with those parts on my car and I'll spend the extra money to make sure I won't have to do the job again in the near future when the part fails.

adamb
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
URO and MTC are both Chinese brands.

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable with those parts on my car and I'll spend the extra money to make sure I won't have to do the job again in the near future when the part fails.

I do agree with you 100% spider, however sometimes money can be tight..

slade13
12-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Yep, and ECS tuning has the front control arms for under $60 each.I did buy the URO coolant hose parts when I bought my ti.I didn't know if it was good or junk,I just needed the parts.

spidertri
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
I made the mistake of buying chinese brand cooling parts the first time I did the coolant pipes and they failed within a year (orings were leaking quite a bit of coolant). For cooling system I only use BMW parts now.

Suspension and bearings I wouldn't trust chinese parts either. If a wheel bearing or control arm ball joint fails while I'm driving on the highway it could be game over.

I understand money being tight but if a cheap part fails and takes a lot more stuff with it then you end up spending more in the long run.