PDA

View Full Version : Red Interior????

Dean
11-08-2004, 08:29 PM
I have taken a gamble! My car got damaged in hurricane Ivan. As I result I decided to import from Japan. I have ordered a 1995 Red 318ti. It is in excellent condition (so they say) with just under 50,000 miles on the clock. I will land it in Grand Cayman for $5,200. Regardless of the gamble of not knowing the car – I still think that this is a great deal.

Can someone please tell me what I may need to check as soon as it gets here? I know a full service will be needed but, are there anything other matters that I should be aware of with this model?

One other thing - It has a red interior. Can anyone show me some photographs? I am very intrigued as to what it will look like. I have 5 photos of the car – but only one has a glimpse of the trim.

Looking forward to using you guys as a resource.

J!m
11-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Most likely the 'sport' interior. This is black leather sides with red/black speckelled cloth inserts for the seating area. Also, red stiching on the black leather. Black leather shifer and brake boot, with red stiching. Other interior parts black. Door panels black with red cloth inserts (Same cloth as seats). Black carpets. Club sports had the three stripes on the shift knob pattern indicator. My '98 had a plain shift pattern indicator as delivered.

This is the interior I have, and I think it is the best looking interior for the ti.

96cali
11-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Recently someone on this board had a stock full red interior- red leather bolsters, red patterned inserts and I think a black dash. It was trippy and he insists it's stock. Coincidentally a Racing Dynamics ti came up on ebay at the same time with the same interior. I had never seen that combo.

brentmiller
11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
and I've gotten over it. I actually like it. it's pretty tough on a sunny day with the sunroof open though.

Brent

Dean
11-16-2004, 03:55 PM
I believe that mine is a full red interior. I can see on the photo that the whole of the lower seat is red - it does not look like there are leather sides. I spoke with a friend who works for BMW in the UK. He told me that they came in red and also blue as well as standard trim. This may be a European thing? No one have any photos? Guess i will have to wait for delivery.