PDA

View Full Version : MA Feeler- 1997 318ti Base w/ California Top 130k 5speed

jpc44tka
01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Hello All,

My significant other has convinced me to move onto a vehicle with more space, so I'm seeing if there is interest for it here. I just realized I don't have pics, but I can update that soon.

The Good-
Cali top works great, and it's lots of fun. It is a little noisy and does leak a little though(the leak can be stopped with some caulking I believe)

All major systems(engine, cooling, transmission etc) are in great running shape.

The body is fantastic shape(it's light blue 'moreagrun'). There are a couple of scratches on the roof where a great dane jumped on it, but these might even buff out. No rust.

Two sets of keys with remotes, 10 speaker sound system, iphone/ipod integration.

recent work- front pads/rotors, radiator/connector pieces, catback of the muffler system, other things I can't think of now...

The Bad-
Many things work great on this car. Since my local BMW shop has shut up shop several small problems have built up. Driver window is off it's track, passenger door(inner part) is slightly loose but functional, front window washer doesn't get fluid(rear fluid works though). Check engine light(evap system) and Seat Belt light(sensor pad in seat) are on, but I pulled the bulbs so it would pass it's last inspection since these are minor problems. Yes, that actually worked.

Sorry I'm writing so much, I just figure these are the things you'd want to know. Overall I think it'd be a great car for someone from these forums who knows how to deal with some of the common problems. 2400 OBO.

Thanks for looking!

pcalahane
01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Why aren't you in California? I want this car badly. I even have the money.

You know... You should think about one final road trip with the car to someplace warm and full of wonderful windy coastal roads... A place like, idk, California? Then you could grow tired of the car and leave it behind as you fly back. Lol

Just kidding. That would be a long drive. But seriously good luck with sale and I wish you were closer. Then I'd have two Cali tops.

jpc44tka
01-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Ha, yes, one can never have too many California Tops as far as I'm concerned! And my girlfriend just mentioned her company might move to silicon valley, so I could drop it off no problem! If only...

Here are a couple pics I took with my phone before the snow "storm" hit. Please excuse the salt and snow flakes...

crzylildude
01-30-2013, 01:46 AM
So where are you located?...

jpc44tka
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Right, good question. I'm in Boston, MA.

jca
02-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Cruise control? (My two sons live in Somerville). Thanks, John

runnr548
02-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Cool car! Hmmm....

jpc44tka
02-01-2013, 09:34 PM
No cruise control. Somerville is wicked close! And thanks runnr548, it is a cool car, very fun and reliable. To address some of the concern I've received, the roof fabric itself is in great shape. There is a common problem that the corner seal will wear out slightly, so that is the only issue. Sorry if I focused too much on it's faults, I just want people to know what they're getting. Thanks for all the comments so far.

1996 328ti
02-02-2013, 04:59 AM
Interesting photos. Odd that the exhaust is on the right side. :)

jpc44tka
02-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Ha, yea, I took the photo with my phone and of course it was upside down when I tried to upload it. Must have flipped it the wrong way. You are very observant!

hooverco
02-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Is the car still available-just sold our 95 and miss it

jpc44tka
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Ha, yes, the gentleman who sold me the car sent several notes about how he misses it(especially compared to his subaru). I'm sure I'll feel the same way...

The car is available and based on the always-true-internet I think 1,900$ OBO is a fair price.

hooverco
02-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I know you all had a lot of snow-the guy who bought my car send me a picture with 31"-
Do you have any additional pictures-especially the interior-how can I reach you?

jpc44tka
02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
I'll send you a PM hooverco. We had a TON of snow. The car was in a drift so was completely covered, only the antenna sticking out. I didn't bother putting snow tires on this year(yup it comes with 2 snow tires on matching steel rims), but the car still did better in the snow than my GFs FWD honda accord. Go traction control! Speaking of my GF, she gave the car a nice 3 inch scratch while shoveling out her car. I'll go see if I can find some touch up paint now.

kaitou
02-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Hey, I am exceptionally interested in this car please email me at Omar.Agha.khan a;!t Gmail.

If is already gone contrasts, if not sell it to me. :biggrin:

jpc44tka
02-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Yup, the car is still for sale. Thanks for all the interest so far. I'm hoping to not have to post it on CL!

nateip
02-27-2013, 03:41 AM
hey JPC, my PM isn't working right now, but you can contact me at nateip@verizon.net. I am interested, if you still have the car.

McTimson
03-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Hi,

I'm also interested, if the car is still available. If it is, could you send any more pics you have to ((my username))@gmail.com? Thanks!

jpc44tka
03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi McTimson, I sent some pictures. Not the most stunning photos, but It was the best I could do with my phone....

95-318ti.beantown
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Im from boston and live in atl now but if the car is still available I will gladly take it off your hands!!! I sold my ti to a guy in rhode island and regret it!! so Im on the search for another one. heres my cell 857-719-7062 please let me know if its gone or not

jpc44tka
03-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Hi beantown, I like your username. The car has just been sold pending payment and delivery etc. I'm sure I'll regret it too!