PDA

View Full Version : Ac compressor bolts

Romak
02-16-2013, 11:57 PM
I've some how lost all the bolts holding my ac compressor on, or at least 2 of the three, it's currently floating on just the lines and rattling around.

Does anyone know the bolt sizes for all three? I'd like to get replacements for them all. I tried looking on real oem but I'm not sure which bolts are for what in the diagram. I know the ac bolts have an alan head on them can I change them to just a standard hex head bolt or is an alan bolt better?

Romak
02-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Bump, no one knows?

BlackBMWs
02-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Which 3 are you referring to? AC to the bracket or bracket to block? Looks like (4) M8x50 from RealOEM for Compressor to bracket.

M8x100, M8x40 from bracket to block.

Can you take a pic? I'll look at my 95 to cross check. :cool:

Romak
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
The bolts from the compressor to the bracket

Romak
02-19-2013, 05:37 AM
Anyone else have an answer? Maybe those of you who have a pulled engine in the garage who can easily check? Real oem diagrams are wrong, 318ti, 318i or is all look wrong. They seemed to have crossed over e30 m42 diagrams, the compressor looks wrong and it claims to use a v-belt. So its definitely not right, unless I'm reading it all wrong, When I look under my can there are 3 bolts, two across from each other and one on top (maybe bottom i can't recall right now). All i need to know are the bolts that bolt the compressor to the bracket. My only other option is a dealership but their diagrams are going to look the same as real oem which are incorrect, I'd rather not have to turn into the hulk on them, get into a yelling match and force them to jack my car up and look for themselves. I may wear glasses but my eyes don't lie, pictures and reality of whats on there don't match up. I'm really tempted to go in and wait for the "I don't know sir I can't help you speech" if only the dealership wasn't 30 minutes away.

Anyone who might be able to help chime in, If you know how to read real oem diagrams in some way better than how I'm reading them now chime in, but this rattle is really annoying me!!