PDA

View Full Version : Re-Upholstery of Headliner

schussey
11-12-2004, 03:29 AM
Alright so my A pillars are extremely faded, and my headliner is sagging. A few months back, I ordered 3 yards of grey suede fabric. Matches up to my dove grey interior pretty well.

So finally, after months and months of waiting, my fabric is supposed to come tomarrow. (11-12) I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.

But one problem I may run into......is removing the headliner. I've somewhat poked around, but never actually tried.

Anybody know if it is hard? Is there a DIY writeup anywhere?

-chris

Jared
11-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Its not too bad. Just take your time and don't bend anything. The A-pillars and C-pillars, pull straight towards the center of the car gently. That's about the only part that isn't completely obvious until you take the piece out.

2ndBimmer
11-12-2004, 04:58 AM
I had my A pillars redone last year and my rear deck redone a couple months ago when I put in the four 6x9s.

I dont know about the headliner, but pry on the top of the A pillars til it comes forward and then just pull forward and up.

schussey
11-12-2004, 08:13 PM
yea I've had my A Pillar panels out for over 6 months now.

schussey
11-14-2004, 12:13 AM
ok well I'm going to have to delay pics of my interior. The fabric came on friday, but is the wrong color . So now I have to wait some more :(

schussey
11-25-2004, 06:29 PM
alright so finally I have the right color fabric. I have a few questions as to how to remove the headliner.

Over the rear seats, towards the center of the headliner, there are 2 flat plastic clips that seem to hold it in. Do I just pry these off with a flathead screwdriver or something? Thanks for the help.

-chris