PDA

View Full Version : subframe broke and ripped out stub axle...

brentmiller
11-15-2004, 03:42 PM
...from the output flange as best I can tell. was taking my daughter to get a cocoa and the whole thing gave up. coasted it to the curb, looked underneath and saw a CV stub axle hanging down onto the exhaust and the subframe is broken right under the bushing. what am I looking at here as far as parts/repair? I haven't been able to look yet but surely the bushing fits into a hanger or bracket separate from the entire subframe. is this true? and how did all those bolts that hold the stub onto the output flange come out? could they have torn out or what?

TIA,
Brent
Little Rock, AR

ZeroG
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
...from the output flange as best I can tell. was taking my daughter to get a cocoa and the whole thing gave up. coasted it to the curb, looked underneath and saw a CV stub axle hanging down onto the exhaust and the subframe is broken right under the bushing. what am I looking at here as far as parts/repair? I haven't been able to look yet but surely the bushing fits into a hanger or bracket separate from the entire subframe. is this true? and how did all those bolts that hold the stub onto the output flange come out? could they have torn out or what?

TIA,
Brent
Little Rock, AR

The rear subframe has been known to give out on E36 cars, but I know that the TI has a E30 rear so I don't know if they're prone to the same problem, I know that http://turnermotorsport.com sell a subframe reinforcement kit for E336 car however, you will need to call then and see if the same works for your car. Keep us posted on your findings.

-Chad

brentmiller
11-15-2004, 05:06 PM
That'd be so much easier to source parts for. Is the diff and the CV stubs all e30 bits? Thanks in advance.

Brent