PDA

View Full Version : What are your Plans for the winter??

TiPerformance
11-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Just wondered if you have any little projects that will be getting done to your TI over the winter. I personally have quite a few things that I would love to do, but school is kicking my ass right now and I don't have a place other than the parking lot to work on it. So my Winter Break will be spent having fun with the car.

Two weekends ago I pulled the pinstripe and buffed and machine glazed my entire car, that was fun, and it looks great now.

Winter break plans include:
1. Measuring up the old E30 intake, and deciding where to section it, take it to the welding shop and have them reweld it so it will fit in the E36 engine bay(currently it sits too high), making a spacer for the throttle body since I will have problems fitting my throttle body on it, and hopefully testing it out and having it running right.

2. Making a Cold ait Intake (with the various pieces I have laying around)

3. Installing my Eclipse Cd Player, and MB quart speakers

4. Oil change,Change leaking Exhaust Gasket and fix the powersteering hoses that are leaking.

5. Recover Spare A pillars with some Black or sand stone micro suade or something like that.

6. Detail the interior

7. Find a Core eaton M62 supercharger for my supercharger project, Check into regrinding Cams and finding a spare cylinder head.

That is all I can think of now.

swits
11-16-2004, 01:55 AM
My winter car plans are to get new 17" wheels, angel eyes, and to fix my heater because it doesn't blow air on my feet...again. One I get the wheels, I also want to do a few photo shoots of my car.

2ndBimmer
11-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Im gonna have a coupla bushings replaced in the rear suspension and have my DASC installed.

Maybe talk to Nick G about some engine software after that.

This weekend I put on my winter tires and changed to 10w40.

Come spring, my AC will need some repair.

aceyx
11-16-2004, 02:18 AM
all of my "mods" are actually repairs.

except for throwing the skis on the roof ;}

GDB
11-16-2004, 04:59 AM
reupholster the headliner is at the top of my list. Replacing the clutch is right behind it. I also want to find a cylined head and cams and have some work done to them. Oh yeah, and install my M3 or Z3 shifter (depends on if I still have the Z3 shifter when the time rolls around) and putting in TMEs.

ClubSport
11-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I've got an M Coupe differential and a DASC that I need to install. Plus make a custom gauge pod for the center console ahead of the shifter.

ZeroG
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Install my DASC. Maybe get an Arm Rest. General maintenance

maurolin
11-16-2004, 06:17 PM
install the 3.46 lsd
install the roll bar
install the M3 brakes and spindles front and e30 m3 rear.
finish the stereo install,
move battery to the rear
install the EGT, oil and oil temp gauges
lower the car a little more
tint windows
graphics and banners
get m tech rear bumper

aceyx
11-16-2004, 06:57 PM
clubsport; check out this page for that mod:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/interior/e36_318ti_vdo_gauges_part1.html

GDB
11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Also, if I can somehow manage to squeeze it into my budget, I want to put in a 3.73 LSD rear end from a E30.

ClubSport
11-16-2004, 08:16 PM
clubsport; check out this page for that mod:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/interior/e36_318ti_vdo_gauges_part1.html

Thanks, that's the page I'm using. I have an extra center console from a ti to cut up for the panel, so the plastic has the same color and texture as the stock finish. I might have enough to make a few panels, and give them away for cheap here.

L84THSKY
11-30-2004, 10:59 PM
I already did half the mods to the guage install. I removed the cigarette lighter and ashtray, and relocated the lighter and alarm LED. I have the three VDO guages from my Scirocco, was considering adding them to the 318ti. When I added the armrest, I sold the center console. I guess I wasn't thinking. Still not sure if I will add the guages, I like the added space in front of the shifter.

Thanks, that's the page I'm using. I have an extra center console from a ti to cut up for the panel, so the plastic has the same color and texture as the stock finish. I might have enough to make a few panels, and give them away for cheap here.

sacramentophil
11-30-2004, 11:10 PM
I'd like to get it running before Winter is over. I have a least a blown head gasket, hopefully nothing more.
So far, I have the intake and exhaust manifolds off. Now I'm stuck waiting for my Bentley manual to arrive in the mail.
:(

barische
12-15-2004, 02:28 AM
stromung exhaust.
windows tinted.
cd player.

precisiongrafx
12-15-2004, 03:40 AM
install my e46 m3 interior and mess with the steering wheel controls so they work and replace my steeering rack

TiPerformance
12-15-2004, 04:00 AM
I also should add to mine find tires for my new 17's

EMNumber12
12-15-2004, 04:53 AM
Winter Plans:
Switch to 5w30 Sythetic
New Filters
Switch to Snow Tires
Raise my car from its 2 inch drop
Lots of Wax
Basic Winter Prep