PDA

View Full Version : stereo spec sheet?

luckyboy984
11-16-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm replacing the old alpine tape deck from my TI but the car guys at my work (best buy) need a spec sheet for the car. Best Buy doesnt even touch bimmers anymore, because they're so complicated apparently, but they're going to do it for me anyways since i work there in Home Theater.

Does anyone know where to find spec sheets? They need info on the amp and the impedence on the speakers.

Also, do you know if all the TI's have a 10-speaker system? Or only certain ones?

Thanks

btw, im trying to put a Kenwood EZ-500 cd-reciever in, if anyone has it, let me know what you think.

sydeshow
11-16-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm replacing the old alpine tape deck from my TI but the car guys at my work (best buy) need a spec sheet for the car. Best Buy doesnt even touch bimmers anymore, because they're so complicated apparently, but they're going to do it for me anyways since i work there in Home Theater.

Does anyone know where to find spec sheets? They need info on the amp and the impedence on the speakers.

Also, do you know if all the TI's have a 10-speaker system? Or only certain ones?

Thanks

btw, im trying to put a Kenwood EZ-500 cd-reciever in, if anyone has it, let me know what you think.
i can see what i can do. i worked in circuit city's car audio until earlier this year. maybe i can get you something useful.

what year is your ti? not like it will make a difference most likely.

Rhys
11-17-2004, 01:42 AM
think mine has only 6 speakers.. 1 in each footwell, 1 in each front door and one in each back corner.. would be interesting to see the specs of these speakers.

btw. I got rid of the awfull pioneer thing in mine and put in an Alpine CDA-9833R
can recomend one, you can customise the colour to match the cars interior lights, and even download info into it from website...

luckyboy984
11-17-2004, 06:54 PM
i have a 96 active. thanks man!

sydeshow
11-18-2004, 01:21 AM
i have a 96 active. thanks man!
no prob.

today on campus, i talked to one of the guys that still works there. he said he'd be able to get me something. i'll let you know hopefully in the next few days.

mt3ch
12-01-2004, 01:20 AM
no prob.

today on campus, i talked to one of the guys that still works there. he said he'd be able to get me something. i'll let you know hopefully in the next few days.
I work at Best buy. I just sold my 2002 E46 and am driving around a 98 318ti till I locate my next car. The stereo setup is Front Kick panels are 5 1/4" with 3" Mids and tweeters in the door and the rear has 5 1/4". I am bypassing the 3" mid and just installing a set of 5 1/4" component infinitys up front and 5 1/4" stand alones in thge rear. Should sound good me thinks.

sydeshow
12-02-2004, 04:59 PM
circuit city was no help. i went search on their computers in the back, and they didn't have spec sheets. sorry man.