PDA

View Full Version : BMW Mechanic

geo2maz
05-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey Tee-Time, or anyone around Denver,
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic to work on my 318ti?
Have a list of things to get fixed, minor mechanical, and some more minor interior-type things.

Any advice or referrals is greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

elchicano
05-09-2013, 12:41 AM
welcome to the forum! What exactly do you need to get done? This forum is a great source of information. If I can help in some way let me know, happy to help out.

geo2maz
05-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome an the help!

Some of the items on the repair list:
-fix passenger side automatic door lock
-fix stereo bezel
-replace speakers
-replace shifter leather-boot
-install seat heaters
-fix leather seat tears
-fix minor leak coming from California-ragtop
-replace rear emblem,
-repair alarm-remote

I think that's it, all pretty minor, but don't want to mess with it myself, (I usually break things) so looking for a shop who could do the repairs...

Saw a red TI a few months back on Evans waiting to turn north in colo blvd, we were in the dark blue TI turning onto Evans from Colo. blvd, might have been you?

elchicano
05-09-2013, 01:16 AM
I think it might of been me. I dont remember seeing a ti. I have two emblems, i can sell you one. Replacement takes less than a minute. Maybe Sean (teetime) and I can give your ti a look over and see what we can do. Lets work on the easy things first before you pay someone to change things.

elchicano
05-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Also which speakers do you need? I just upgrade my stock set up and i might have the speakers you need. If you can give us your year and what package it has. Also pictures of the things you want to replace or repair will help. Post pictures of your ti as well.

teetime4one
05-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Welcome to the Org.

I have been very busy lately. Although, a break from this madness to work on a car is just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't look for a shop to do your repairs. These are all easy enough to tackle in the garage.
Dave and I can meet up with you and help with the bulk of your list. I also have a ton of leftover parts. Maybe you can use some of it before it goes into the trash (moving soon and don't want to take it all with me).
Let us know.
Sean

elchicano
05-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Welcome to the Org.

I have been very busy lately. Although, a break from this madness to work on a car is just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't look for a shop to do your repairs. These are all easy enough to tackle in the garage.
Dave and I can meet up with you and help with the bulk of your list. I also have a ton of leftover parts. Maybe you can use some of it before it goes into the trash (moving soon and don't want to take it all with me).
Let us know.
Sean

See there you go, we got you covered. What is your name by the way? :biggrin:

-Dave

ti-billy
05-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the site, love this place

pdxmotorhead
05-10-2013, 04:19 AM
I thought my speakers were bad, turned out to be a loose connector on the back of the head unit...

Dave

zoner
05-10-2013, 04:33 AM
I thought my speakers were bad, turned out to be a loose connector on the back of the head unit...
the sunroof drain hose rattling against the inside of the rear qtr. panel at certain frequencies.

True story!

OP- it sounds like most of your issues are easy/inexpensive fixes. This is what I love about this forum- local members stepping up to help fellow enthusiasts!

elchicano
05-11-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't know about the other guys, but I will be available this Sunday. Let us know if you want to get a small meet going.

teetime4one
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
I have work and bass fishing tomorrow.