PDA

View Full Version : 85 octane

lulo728
05-10-2013, 02:03 PM
As I've stated in previous post, im super new to this world. i just purchased my 95 TI about a week ago and i love it. I've never driven a BMW or any German car in the past, and all the big trucks and cars ive owned have been filled with regular 85 octane gas. last week without doing research i filled up with regular gas!!! ive been reading that it requires at least 87 or better. this morning i filled up with 92 and immediately feel the difference! it being an 18 year old car i really dont know how the previous owners took care of the vehicle and what kind of gas they used. is there anything i should do now that may help my car and the longevity of the poor engine??? or is all the damage done and irreversible?

6speed ti
05-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Where did you find 85 octane fuel? Did you mean 87 octane?
The TI recommendation is 89 octane minimal. There should be a decal inside the fuel service door stating this info.

lulo728
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Where did you find 85 octane fuel? Did you mean 87 octane?
The TI recommendation is 89 octane minimal. There should be a decal inside the fuel service door stating this info.

Lmfao I ment 87! I'm such a **** up!

teetime4one
05-10-2013, 11:21 PM
It should be ok after a tank of 87 octane. Run 91 if you can. Your car will thank you for it. And, if you want a little bit of a kick...there is a dude named Berrie who sells chips for our car. i have a 91 octane chip in my car. It's noticeably different. But, it must run on 91 octane at all times.
If you are interested in these chips...search Midnight Tuning Solutions

lulo728
05-11-2013, 12:19 AM
It should be ok after a tank of 87 octane. Run 91 if you can. Your car will thank you for it. And, if you want a little bit of a kick...there is a dude named Berrie who sells chips for our car. i have a 91 octane chip in my car. It's noticeably different. But, it must run on 91 octane at all times.
If you are interested in these chips...search Midnight Tuning Solutions

sounds great, im sorry to be a pest but your the only person who actually gives feedback and i really appreciate that. is that just plug and play on a stock TI or is there programming and modding involved? also how much does something like that run me? like i said thanks a lot for replying to all my novice questions

bmwconnect
05-11-2013, 01:34 AM
Hope this helps ;)

OBD1 Standard 91 Octane Performance Tune/Chip - 1985'-95' Motors - $180 *Free Shipping*

OBD1 Custom 93-94octane Performance Tune/Chip- 1985-95' Motors - $220 * Free Shipping* ( custom limiters, features, ext. )