PDA

View Full Version : How screwed am I?

clement
05-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Took apart my engine to replace the rear coolant hose connection. Pain in the ass to replace but did it. Putting everything back together and the screw for the fuel rail is stripped. Do I need to get another fuel rail and screw or is there a way to re-tread the pattern in the fuel rail. Need some advice?

BlackBMWs
05-30-2013, 03:36 AM
Took apart my engine to replace the rear coolant hose connection. Pain in the ass to replace but did it. Putting everything back together and the screw for the fuel rail is stripped. Do I need to get another fuel rail and screw or is there a way to re-tread the pattern in the fuel rail. Need some advice?

Pic? :cool:

clement
05-30-2013, 03:46 AM
I can do it in the morning so you can see it. Thanks

drivinfaster
05-30-2013, 04:07 AM
yes the thread can be fixed with repair kits like heli-coil. but pics would be nice to see anyway...

df

clement
05-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the help. I will take pics but at least I have a choice. Was thinking on getting a new fuel rail but the one I have is in good condition. Thanks.

clement
06-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Sorry for not putting on the pictures. I decided to get new fuel lines and fuel rail. I got the rail retreaded but it was the nut that was indented. Cant just get the nut so had to get the whole rail. :mad: Thanks for all the help.